Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-02 04:14:51

jagabandhu

hi this is JB

Hello, myself JB. I am an IITian from New Delhi. I enjoy solving math and physics problems. So I have joined this website to enjoy the fun of mathematics.

#2 2007-04-02 04:34:39

Devantè
Real Member

Re: hi this is JB

Welcome, jagabandhu.

As you can see, MathsIsFun is an extremely popular and factual database. It has a forum in which you are posting in at this very moment, and the community is polite, helpful, friendly, and smart. A lot of us are unique in our own way.

We have exercises and worksheets to choose from, and games to keep you busy for hours on end, perhaps even more. You probably won't actually be able to get through all of the games today!

MathsIsFun was hand-designed by MathsIsFun himself (Rod Pierce), and the site and forum have both been running for a long time. Take a look at some of our statistics at the bottom of the page All of our exercises were also hand-designed by our members (including me). They'll help you revise, surely, and a few jokes and puzzles and forum games can amuse and mind-boggle you for a while.

If you have any queries or are stuck on a problem, use the Help Me! section for mathematical help. All non-mathematical queries should not be in the Help Me! section. A lot of people don't do this, but before you do anything, read the Forum Rules if you haven't done so already.

Perhaps you could start looking at some of the 'archive'-type threads, such as the 'Sharing Your Coded Creations' if you have an ambition to become a programmer, or Ganesh's puzzle threads in which he invents and uses countless questions and puzzles relating to mathematics for you to solve, each with different difficulties if you at middle-school level or high-school level, or perhaps above high-school level.

I see that you have started posting already [ 5 100-character posts is quite good for someone who joined only recently! ]. Make good use of the forum and all of its features! Wow, I don't usually make such long posts for introducing people.

[ Hey, I know I copied and pasted that from my last post, but can I use it for other members' introductions? big_smile ]

Last edited by Devantè (2007-04-02 04:35:00)

#3 2007-04-02 10:06:26

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Hi JB, and welcome. What kind of IT work do you do?

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2007-04-02 19:19:59

U7109
Real Member

I do IT... quite good stuff. Started when I was around five years old and now I'm a whizz with computers. When did you actually start IT, JB?

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination," ~ John Lennon

#5 2007-04-02 21:19:57

Devantè
Real Member

Just out of interest, jagabandhu, are you a programmer? If so, I'd really love to see what you can do with the knowledge of a programming language. smile

#6 2007-04-03 00:47:25

soha
Real Member

Well , welcome to the forum JB .......

"Let us realize that: the privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, the love of work is success!" smile smile
- David O. McKay

Board footer