Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-07-15 00:31:25

LQ
Real Member

Graviton to photon convertion

http://www.thescienceforum.com/A-question-on-Gravity-7725t.php

Basically I believe that gravity in reall life is very strong, but a raw force that slips past matter.
Given that, it can be converted to photons if you only give it a spin, photons would be gravitons with spin.

Given that the energy produced is very low frequent, we could use it to contact aliens and absorb the energy with resonance in certain special equipment. whether that is possible or not I don't know.

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#2 2007-07-15 00:47:51

Ricky

Re: Graviton to photon convertion

If gravity is not neutrinoes, but also have this property, then it could be strong, just not that efficient.

Gravitons, if they exist, are a messenger particle, neutrinos are not.  You can't even being to compare the two.

It seems quite clear to me that the gravity force is outer and comes from Big Bang that is currently located 15 billion years away in all directions.

Huge misunderstanding of the Big Bang.  You see your chair?  The Big Bang occurred there.  You see Alpha Centauri?  Big Bang occurred there too.  Even in the most distance galaxies, the Big Bang occurred there.

Basically I believe that gravity in reall life is very strong, but a raw force that slips past matter.

Why?  Cause you want to?

Given that, it can be converted to photons if you only give it a spin, photons would be gravitons with spin.

Huh?  First off, gravitons have a spin of 2.  Also, you can't change one particle into another just by changing it's spin.  Heck, we don't even know how we would go about changing spin.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#3 2007-07-15 01:48:54

LQ
Real Member

Big bang did occur here, but the gravity waves have long gone declined from here. Instead the gravity waves comes from what we see of big bang today, in the same way photons do.

On a second view, you are right, there should be a background graviton radiation.

Just a question, how do you know gravitons have a spin of 2? I haven't gone through such advanced education, could you derive that mathematically please?

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#4 2007-07-16 12:20:40

Ricky

Just a question, how do you know gravitons have a spin of 2? I haven't gone through such advanced education, could you derive that mathematically please?

By looking it up.  This is what current physics believes the spin of a graviton should be.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#5 2007-07-17 04:35:14

LQ
Real Member

Because the galaxies spin, right?
Well that's a pretty vague explanation of it, that could all be the effect of position and movement related to big bang, the source of the space expansion energy. As you can see, different parts of the universe decayed in different speed related to eachother also. Even though the decay time percepted by itself is equally long for all decaying I would think:

http://www.thescienceforum.com/Decay---time-exp-%3D-Constant-7756t.php

#6 2007-07-17 12:23:24

Identity

No, I don't think it's because of the spin of the galaxies, but quantum mechanics. Just look it up anywhere, you could even read 'A Brief History of Time' which talks about it.

#7 2007-07-17 23:59:37

LQ
Real Member

Well anywho, you can still chance the spin by simulating photon EM-field in space and spinning it. Just spin the photons medium the necessary laps per second.

PS. Just not the wrong frequency, like a frequency that resonate with something bigger then an atom.

Last edited by LQ (2007-07-18 00:00:19)

#8 2007-07-18 04:31:55

Ricky

Spin has nothing to do with actual spinning.   It is just a term used to describe a property we see in elementary particles which would make sense under Maxwell's Laws if they were spinning.  But they aren't.

#9 2007-07-18 05:56:35

LQ
Real Member

If you can simulate spinning for gravitons in a way that would make sence under Maxwell's laws if they were spinning in the way photons have this property, then they would become photons, cause there would be no difference in them.

#10 2007-07-18 07:50:40

Ricky

Once again, spin is a property of the elementary particle itself.  Like the blue of a ball or the magnetism of a magnet.  What you are suggesting is the equivalent of the idea, "Let's take energy and make it into matter."  Great idea... but completely useless since we have no idea how to do so.

Edit: Woah, completely missed something.  You are stating that the only difference between a photon and graviton is the spin?  I'm almost certain you are wrong, though I don't know of a source that even contemplates this idea, let alone refutes it.

#11 2007-07-18 17:42:35

LQ
Real Member

That, and a EM-field. That's why we simulate it, remember?

Board footer