Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-22 01:44:03

bradford

maths

i am at present enroling in level 2 maths. i just can not seem to take on board the maths at all, even when the anawers are right in front of me. I just do not have the understanding of maths, fractions ,long division,ect. is this a mental block???

I am also on a childrens easy maths and guess what i am even struggling with that, the numbers and how they break the numbers down and how they get  the answer just totally doesnt mean anything to me.

there must be some one out there who can help me conqure this maths blockage.down

#2 2008-01-22 02:05:12

NullRoot

Re: maths

Math is a tough subject and a lot of people do have trouble understanding the methods involved. You may never get over your blockage, but it is very much worth the effort to try. We'll help however we can and I'm willing to bet that it's just a matter of teaching method for you to get over your hurdle.

Try having a look at the material on the website. You can access it via www.mathisfun.com or by clicking on the "Math Is Fun" link just below the "Useful Symbols" at the top of the page. There's very good visual examples of how to do Long Division. That may be a good starting place as knowing how to divide will make fractions so much easier to understand.

Trillian: Five to one against and falling. Four to one against and falling… Three to one, two, one. Probability factor of one to one. We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem.

Board footer