Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-05 15:35:13

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Idiosyncrasies

i) In handwriting, I always used the letters 'a', and 'g' and number '9' as its is in print.

ii) I always use different user names and passwords for different e-mails, Social media Network, Other Internet applications etc.

iii) I don't wear a wristwatch normally, if at all I need one to wear, it is in my right hand.

iv) I treat 'Monday' as my lucky day, as I was born on that day. Similarly, I treat 3 am (3.08 am to be precise) as the best part of the day.

v) Often, I never have the patience to read books fully. All my life, there have been instances where I read them partially. Exceptions are a very few.

vi) I never select dress materials. I just pick at random or somebody else does it on my behalf.

vii) I never use perfumes, deodorant, talcum powder, or cosmetics. I only use toilet soap.

viii) The best gift I can think of is Scientific Calculator, Digital Diary (CASIO), or books on, preferably Mathematics, Science, and Geography.

ix) I am a loner.

x) I take coffee with milk, without sugar. This is my favorite drink.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2017-10-06 04:27:56

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Re: Idiosyncrasies

Hey! Nice list!

ii is a very good practice, keep it up!

iii) some people say that this is a sign of a rebel.

I share v with you.

viii) Nice! I do not really like Geography, though.

ix) Sometimes, that is me too.

x) I do that almost every day. It's not my favorite though.

I'd like to see bobbym's list, though

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#3 2017-10-06 15:01:48

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Idiosyncrasies

Hi,

Thanks, Agnishom!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer