Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-30 04:54:12

Jims

Fractals using Photoshop

http://www.JimsMaher.com/art.htm

let me know what you think.

#2 2006-09-30 04:55:32

Devantè
Real Member

Re: Fractals using Photoshop

Those are of pure excellence. How long did they take you?

#3 2006-09-30 16:31:10

WiZaRd
Real Member

Yeah How long did they take you?

Be Happy!

#4 2006-09-30 17:04:52

Ricky

They look pretty good.  Why not display what equations were used to create them?

There is also a link at the bottom which points back to the index.  It leads inside the current frame instead of redirecting the main frame.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#5 2006-09-30 17:46:06

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Very beautiful.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#6 2006-10-01 13:34:45

Jims

Thanks.

Well, in terms of worktime ... the second to last one I did most recently and took about an hour of tweeking.  Some have taken me 8-12 hours total. Others present themselves in under a half hour.  It's very much trial and error, which often leads to mixed results.

In terms of posting formulas, I guess I could record the history from start to finish, save  and post it as an .ATN file.  But that would mean making sure all the changes made were Action recordable.  Plus it's kind of a trade secret.  HA!  No, really ... it's more art than math. 

I've rarely start with or at any point add a photo or graphic image not generated from scratch in photoshop, occasionally a converted .WAV file.  (as currently posted; one wave file, one started as a photo) But mostly it's taking noise and making shapes and obscuring those shapes, all the while trying to make it look recognizable.

Ricky, thanks but I know ... right click, open in new window or tab or copy link location ... OR keep clicking on links ... try repeatedly clicking the ART link (it may be camouflaged) ... that's why I didn't redirect the target.  An attempt at creative HTML code.  All written in notepad.

If anyone has some good fractal or digital art links, please share them with us here.

#7 2006-10-01 13:40:25

Jims

Actually, that'll be my next goal.

making one while recording and saving the Action.

Something more rawly mathematic.

It may take me a few months.  it's not like i make these everyday ...

Board footer