Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-19 23:23:28

JaneFairfax

Joke from “QI”

This is a joke I heard on the programme “QI” last night. tongue

Three people – two men and a woman – are being interviewed for a job with the CIA.

The first man is shown a door. He is told: “Behind that door is your wife. Unfortunately we’ve had evidence that she is spying for our enemies. Here is a gun. You must go in through that door and kill your wife.”

The first man says, “Kill my wife? No, I can’t do it!”

“Then you can’t join the CIA.” And the first man leaves.

The second man is shown the same door and told the same thing. Your wife is in there, she’s a spy, go in and shoot her. The second man slowly walks through the door. Five minutes later, he comes out with his face bathed in tears.

“I couldn’t do it,” he cries. “I tried hard, but I just couldn’t kill my wife.” So the second man doesn’t get the job either.

Now it is the woman’s turn. “See that door? Your husband, who we hear is a dangerous Neo-Nazi spy, is behind it. Take this gun, go in and kill him!”

The woman immediately disappears behind the door. Shots are heard, followed by loud shouting and banging noises. Five minutes later, she re-emerges and says to the interviewer: “You b*****d! Why didn’t you tell there were only blanks in this pistol? I had to beat him to death with a chair!”

#2 2008-08-15 08:37:45

tobi's a good boy

Re: Joke from “QI”

orly?

#3 2008-08-15 09:17:50

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Joke from “QI”

If you want a job done properly ... !

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer