Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-06-02 22:35:59

luca-deltodesco

4 dimensional complex graph

Rendering the sine function over the complex domain as a 4 dimensional graph rotating in 4 dimensions projected into 3 dimensions smile

Note how rather than having a cuboid around the graph showing the bounds like you'd usually have with a 3 dimensional graph, it has a hyper-cuboid around it.

I'm not sure if this is going to work or not, i have nowhere to upload a .zip file, so i've had to take the exe and convert it to a txt file to upload >.> So if it does work, you'll need to change the type of the file to a .exe

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/030608/41728_comp4dexe.txt

The Beginning Of All Things To End.
The End Of All Things To Come.

#2 2008-06-03 02:59:24

Ricky

Re: 4 dimensional complex graph

This *may* be a cool idea.  Take the complex plane.  Now take a point, a+bi on it.  Graph sin(a+bi) + 2 on that plane, and draw a line from a+bi to sin(a+bi)+2.

A higher number than 2 might look better.  And if it's ugly on [-pi, pi] x [-pi, pi], I'd try smaller domains.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#3 2008-06-03 03:41:34

luca-deltodesco

I'm not sure about that, but i've now made it render it as a stereo projection, which works awefully nice in fullscreen smile

If anyone cares to link me to somewhere i can upload the zipped .exe rather than converting it to a .txt for anyone wanting it, please do so, if not, anyone with msn may add me and request it if they like. (delta_luca'at'hotmail.com)

#4 2008-06-03 06:32:20

Ricky

zip the exe into myFile.zip
Rename myFile.zip to myFile.zap
Upload.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#5 2008-06-03 07:58:32

luca-deltodesco

the problem isn't that the host simply doesn't allow zip, but that it only allows certain file types of which zip is not one of them, so renaming to zap makes no difference from me changing it to a .txt which has the same nuisance associated with it

Board footer