Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-22 18:44:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Well done, ARR, Pe, Kate!

Heartiest congratulations to A R Rahman on winning two Academy Awards.
Heartiest congratulations to Penelope Cruz for the Academy Award, 2009 for 'Best Supporting Actress' for 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'.
And to Kate Winslet for the 'Best Supporting Actress category' for the film 'The Reader'.

If there's one person who's distributing chocolates in India to his friends celebrating Penelope's success, it's me tongue cool touched

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2009-02-22 22:49:15

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Well done, ARR, Pe, Kate!

Way cool!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2009-02-23 02:23:23

Identity

Kate Winslet had been nominated for 5 academy awards, I'm so glad she finally won smile

#4 2009-02-23 06:22:46

JaneFairfax

[align=right]Monday 23 February 2009[/align]

[align=center]Mumbai slum hails Millionaire stars[/align]

“Jai ho!” (Victory!) was the refrain in the congested by-lanes of Garibnagar, the colony where Slumdog Millionaire child actors Rubina Ali and Azharuddin Ismail live.

Neighbours and relatives in the colony, which runs parallel to railway tracks in a western suburb of Mumbai, had been wide awake and buzzing from 0400 local time (2330 GMT Sunday) for the Oscar awards ceremony.

Munni Qureshi, Rubina’s mother, said she was waiting for her daughter to return from Los Angeles. “I will go to the airport with a band of musicians and greet her. We are so happy for the children.”

BBC News

[align=center]Winslet reveals early Oscar dream[/align]

Winning the best actress Oscar was the realisation of a childhood dream, an emotional Kate Winslet revealed in her acceptance speech.

Winslet, 33, who won the award for her role as Hanna Schmitz in The Reader, said she had first practised her speech in the mirror aged eight.

Pointing to her Oscar, she said: “This would have been a shampoo bottle. Well it’s not a shampoo bottle now”.

BBC News

Last edited by JaneFairfax (2009-02-23 06:34:40)

#5 2009-02-23 18:03:35

Tigeree

Hugh Jackman did a good job hosting didn't he? big_smile

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

Board footer