Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-15 05:49:13

mathland

Standardized Exams Forum

I think MIF should have a Standardized Exams forum. The forum would be specifically for prep book questions. I am thinking about SAT, GRE, GMAT, ASVAB, etc. You say?

#2 2021-05-15 06:34:15

Bob
Administrator

Re: Standardized Exams Forum

mathland,

You are making this forum unworkable.  At the moment there are 17 of your posts in my active list.  Even as I was replying to one, you posted 3 more.  What are you trying to do? 

I cannot keep track and I am receiving complaints about this behaviour and about your rudeness.  We are a tolerant forum, allowing non maths posts where there is a genuine interest.  But what you are doing is over the top.

You have frequently said the forum needs to be changed and now you have posted a list of other forums and also said that other sources of help are better.

I have offered help on a number of topics.  You have been kind enough to say thanks and that you will look at what I have posted but, at no time, have you posted back any of your own work on a topic.  Are you actually doing the work you ask about? Or just collecting notes for some other purpose.

There are two English sayings that are applicable here: (1) Cannot see the wood for the trees.  If you post such a lot of irrelevant material then your genuine requests for help will get lost. (2)  Quality not quantity.  A good post will result in interest. 
17 off-subject posts will just mean everyone ignores you.

You have been asked once to limit the number of posts but you are posting more now than ever.  Research shows that this is not the first forum where you have annoyed the members so much they have banned you.  You are heading the same way here.

It's my job to make sure the forum is safe for all, and a pleasant place for all members to share their mathematical interests. 

This is what I expect from you:

(1) Limit your posts to one per day.

(2) Make sure the post is about maths.

(3) Make sure a thread reaches a conclusion where you post a correct answer to your question and thank your helper(s).

Starting now, 19.30 UTC, 15th May 2021, I shall be checking that you are following the above.  If you post off-maths I shall simply delete your post(s).  If I get no improvement I shall, with reluctance, remove your access to the forum.

Bob, administrator.

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer