Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-22 01:19:06

SpaceHamster

Aiming for Cambridge

Hi,

I am a mature student (I hate saying that, it makes me sound older than I am) from the UK, working full time and being a carer for my Mum too, whilst teaching myself Maths A Level and A Level Further Maths (I left school at 16 to work and don't have any A Levels). I love General Relativity and have my heart set on studying the Mathematical Tripos at Trinity College Cambridge one day. Other than that, I work in IT, love anime and all things Japanese and I also have Aspergers.

I have been visiting the Maths is Fun site for years, but didn't realise it had a forum!

Um.. *squeak*

Last edited by SpaceHamster (2021-09-22 01:28:08)

I know what I mean...

#2 2021-09-22 02:20:26

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Aiming for Cambridge

Hi SpaceHamster,

Welcome to the forum!

Many in the forum have been benefitted. I joined the forum in June, 2005.

The website.

The forum.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2021-10-11 21:21:21

eddieb

Re: Aiming for Cambridge

Hi SpaceHamster

Sounds like we have a lot in common, I am also redoing my Math A-Level after leaving school to work in IT at 16- diagnosed a couple years back with ASD and generally redoing my journey in education smile

Hope your A-Levels are going well, I'm planning to sit exams in 2023, how about you?

Cheers!

Board footer