Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-08 18:16:39

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Best Friend Quotes

Best Friend Quotes

A-FRIEND-IN-NEED-IS-A-FRIEND-INDEED-story.jpg

1. “There are three things that grow more precious with age; old wood to burn, old books to read, and old friends to enjoy.” — Henry Ford

2. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides

3. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” — Audrey Hepburn

5. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali

6. “A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” — Anonymous

7.  “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said, “I’m here for you”, and proved it.” — Anonymous

8.  “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare

9. “The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.” — Unknown

11.  “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation and doesn’t always need togetherness. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part.” – Unknown

12. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb

13. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” — Woodrow Wilson

14. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasgow

15. “When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands.” – Maria Shriver

16. "There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met." - William Butler Yeats

17. "A friend to all is a friend to none." - Aristotle

18. "True friends stab you in the front." -  Oscar Wilde

19. "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend." -  Martin Luther King, Jr.

20. "Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." - George Washington

21. "Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" - Abraham Lincoln

22. "Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one." - Oscar Wilde

23. "Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing." - Benjamin Franklin

24. "It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them." - Confucius

25. "Friendship is a sheltering tree." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

26. "The enemies cannot destroy the king who has at his service the respect and friendship of the wise men who can find fault, disagree, and correct him." - Thiruvalluvar

27. "If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, sir, should keep his friendship in a constant repair." - Samuel Johnson

28. "Friendship is Love without his wings!" - Lord Byron

29. "True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity, before it is entitled to the appellation." - George Washington

30. "Friendship is essentially a partnership." - Aristotle

31. "Friendship is an arrangement by which we undertake to exchange small favors for big ones." - Montesquieu

32. "Pity and friendship are two passions incompatible with each other." - Oliver Goldsmith

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer