Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-21 21:56:25

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Education Quotes

Education Quotes

1. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

2. The great aim of education is not knowledge but action. - Herbert Spencer

3. Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

4. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. - Nelson Mandela

5. Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. - William Butler Yeats

6. Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth. - Chanakya

7. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin

8. The illiterate of the future will not be the person who cannot read. It will be the person who does not know how to learn. - Alvin Toffler

9. Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence. - Robert Frost

10. Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant

11. A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. - Mark Twain

12. To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. - Theodore Roosevelt

13. To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke

14. Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is. - Isaac Asimov

15. It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. - Albert Einstein

16. The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read. - Abraham Lincoln

17. The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth. - John F. Kennedy

18. It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it. - Oscar Wilde

19. If I were again beginning my studies, I would follow the advice of Plato and start with mathematics. - Galileo Galilei

20. Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything. - Blaise Pascal

21. I cannot live without books. - Thomas Jefferson

22, We cannot learn men from books. - Benjamin Disraeli

23. Education is and will be the most powerful tool for individual and social change, and we must do all that it takes to facilitate it. - Shiv Nadar

24. You have to stay in school. You have to. You have to go to college. You have to get your degree. Because that's the one thing people can't take away from you is your education. And it is worth the investment. - Michelle Obama

25. Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family. - Kofi Annan

Fair-Ways-Education-Fairways-School-Curriculum-Hampshire-Southampton-1.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer