Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-07 17:42:27

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Trust Quotes

Trust Quotes

1. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. - William Shakespeare

2. Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters. - Albert Einstein

3. Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. - Golda Meir

4. If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost. - Barack Obama

5. Trust, but verify. - Ronald Reagan

6. Trust is the glue of life. It's the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It's the foundational principle that holds all relationships. - Stephen Covey

7. All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. In almost every profession - whether it's law or journalism, finance or medicine or academia or running a small business - people rely on confidential communications to do their jobs. We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it. - Hillary Clinton

9. He who does not trust enough, Will not be trusted. - Lao Tzu

10. Trust dies but mistrust blossoms. - Sophocles

11. Trust has to be earned, and should come only after the passage of time. - Arthur Ashe

12. Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question. - Thomas Jefferson

13. Trust is the first step to love. - Munshi Premchand

14. We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive. - Lord Byron

15. Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain. - J. K. Rowling

16. Trust should be the basis for all our moral training. - Robert Baden-Powell

17. Men are able to trust one another, knowing the exact degree of dishonesty they are entitled to expect. - Stephen Leacock

18. One must be fond of people and trust them if one is not to make a mess of life. - E. M. Forster

19. When I get logical, and I don't trust my instincts - that's when I get in trouble. - Angelina Jolie

20. I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master. - Thomas Jefferson

21. He that takes truth for his guide, and duty for his end, may safely trust to God's providence to lead him aright. - Blaise Pascal

22. Those who trust to chance must abide by the results of chance. - Calvin Coolidge

23. Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. - Khalil Gibran

24. You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. - Steve Jobs

25. I have in sincerity pledged myself to your service, as so many of you are pledged to mine. Throughout all my life and with all my heart I shall strive to be worthy of your trust. - Queen Elizabeth II

26. The senses deceive from time to time, and it is prudent never to trust wholly those who have deceived us even once. - Rene Descartes

27. Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties. - Aesop

28. Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody. - Agatha Christie

29. I shall endeavour still further to prosecute this inquiry, an inquiry I trust not merely speculative, but of sufficient moment to inspire the pleasing hope of its becoming essentially beneficial to mankind. - Edward Jenner

30. All wars signify the failure of conflict resolution mechanisms, and they need post-war rebuilding of faith, trust and confidence. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

31. I trust in nature for the stable laws of beauty and utility. Spring shall plant and autumn garner to the end of time. - Robert Browning

32. We must trust to nothing but facts: these are presented to us by nature and cannot deceive. We ought, in every instance, to submit our reasoning to the test of experiment, and never to search for truth but by the natural road of experiment and observation. - Antoine Lavoisier

33. The fact is, with every friendship you make, and every bond of trust you establish, you are shaping the image of America projected to the rest of the world. That is so important. So when you study abroad, you're actually helping to make America stronger. - Michelle Obama

34. I learned this early on in the variety business: You've got to give folks responsibility, you've got to trust them, and then you've got to check on them. - Sam Walton

35. Now I can do no more. We must trust to the Great Disposer of all events and the justice of our cause. I thank God for this opportunity of doing my duty. - Horatio Nelson

36. There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty. - John Adams.

getty_943018312_402276.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer