Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-07 18:05:02

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Accept Quotes

Accept Quotes

1. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan

3. Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them. - Albert Einstein

4. Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy

5. I was willing to accept what I couldn't change. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

6. I believe there is a time for everything. Time changes, and you need to accept that. Else, you stagnate. - Manisha Koirala

7. First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst. - Dale Carnegie

8. Leadership is the other side of the coin of loneliness, and he who is a leader must always act alone. And acting alone, accept everything alone. - Ferdinand Marcos

9. It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it. - W. Somerset Maugham

10. All women have a perception much more developed than men. So all women somehow, being repressed for so many millennia, they ended up by developing this sixth sense and contemplation and love. And this is something that we have a hard time to accept as part of our society. - Paulo Coelho

11. People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented, didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines... There will always be ignorance, and ignorance leads to fear. But with time, people will come to accept their silicon masters. - Bill Gates

12. Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets. - Henry Kissinger

13. Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. - Voltaire

14. When you put on a uniform, there are certain inhibitions that you accept. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

15. All religions and all communities have the same rights, and it is my responsibility to ensure their complete and total protection. My government will not tolerate or accept any discrimination based on caste, creed and religion. - Narendra Modi

16. If you believe you can make a difference, not just in politics, in public service, in advocacy around all these important issues, then you have to be prepared to accept that you are not going to get 100 percent approval. - Hillary Clinton

17. The world will not accept dictatorship or domination. - Mikhail Gorbachev

18. If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, don't accept, because you will lose one friend; on the other hand, if two strangers come with the same request, accept because you will gain one friend. - Saint Augustine

19. I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it. -Audrey Hepburn

20. Sometimes you have to accept you can't win all the time. - Lionel Messi

21. It is the Higher Power which does everything, and the man is only a tool. If he accepts that position, he is free from troubles; otherwise, he courts them. - Ramana Maharshi

22. If you don't lose, you cannot enjoy the victories. So I have to accept both things. - Rafael Nadal

23. What we won when all of our people united must not be lost in suspicion and distrust and selfishness and politics. Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as president. - Lyndon B. Johnson

24. For good or for ill, air mastery is today the supreme expression of military power and fleets and armies, however vital and important, must accept a subordinate rank. - Winston Churchill

25. Often and often afterwards, the beloved Aunt would ask me why I had never told anyone how I was being treated. Children tell little more than animals, for what comes to them they accept as eternally established. - Rudyard Kipling

26. Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces. - Sigmund Freud

27. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was 18 during my freshman year at UCLA. I refused to accept it - and I hid it from my coaches and teammates. But ignoring my problem didn't make it go away. - Jackie Joyner-Kersee

28. What I'm asking for is hard. It's easier to be cynical; to accept that change isn't possible, and politics is hopeless, and to believe that our voices and actions don't matter. But if we give up now, then we forsake a better future. - Barack Obama

29. Life yields only to the conqueror. Never accept what can be gained by giving in. You will be living off stolen goods, and your muscles will atrophy. - Dag Hammarskjold

30. I've come to accept that the life of a frontrunner is a hard one, that he will suffer more injuries than most men and that many of these injuries will not be accidental. - Pele

31. The first precept was never to accept a thing as true until I knew it as such without a single doubt. - Rene Descartes

32. My main focus is always to do well on the field for the Indian cricket team. When people say good things about me off the field, I am more than happy to accept them. - Virat Kohli

33. The trials on the road to world harmony are no greater than the courage of those who accept the challenge. - Carl Lewis

34. We must accept life for what it actually is - a challenge to our quality without which we should never know of what stuff we are made, or grow to our full stature. - Robert Louis Stevenson

35. I never thought I'd have children; I never thought I'd be in love, I never thought I'd meet the right person. Having come from a broken home - you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don't look for them. - Angelina Jolie

36. If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome. Michael Jordan.

Terms-of-use.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer