Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-11 17:51:11

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

About Quotes

About Quotes

1. In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost

2. Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

3. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far. - Swami Vivekananda

4. One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. - Bob Marley

5. Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. - George Bernard Shaw

6. It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. - Warren Buffett

7. There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. - Oscar Wilde

8. We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. - Carl Sagan

9. I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better. I think that's the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself. - Elon Musk

10. Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I'm most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me. - Anne Hathaway

11. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. - Dale Carnegie

12. We learned about honesty and integrity - that the truth matters... that you don't take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules... and success doesn't count unless you earn it fair and square. - Michelle Obama

13. When you are enthusiastic about what you do, you feel this positive energy. It's very simple. - Paulo Coelho

14. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done. - Bruce Lee

15. Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. - Stephen Hawking

16. Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas. - Marie Curie

17. That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

18. True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us. - Socrates

19. You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan

20. You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about. - Sophia Loren

21. People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware. - Alan Kay

22. For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. - Steve Jobs

23. I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion about the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. - Benjamin Franklin

24. Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature. - Saint Augustine

25. A man is what he thinks about all day long. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

26. Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. - Mark Twain

27. Education is not just about going to school and getting a degree. It's about widening your knowledge and absorbing the truth about life. - Shakuntala Devi

28. The director is the only person who knows what the film is about. - Satyajit Ray

29. I never worry about action, but only inaction. - Winston Churchill

30. If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person's life in a positive light, and that's what I want to do. That's what it's all about. - Tiger Woods

31. Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candour. - Tom Hanks

32. If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life. - Arthur Ashe

33. Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit. We become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts. - Aristotle

34. Nobody is bothered about an institution more than its alumni. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

35. When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong. - R. Buckminster Fuller

36. If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear? - Confucius.

about-us-picture-id1303480001?b=1&k=20&m=1303480001&s=170667a&w=0&h=ob_SJ2EYlCZM2285-5Z15wy0JimRZoiuLzU4322tkF4=

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer