Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-12 17:30:40

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Absolutely Quotes

Absolutely Quotes

1. The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Samuel Johnson

2. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe

3. Climate change is a terrible problem, and it absolutely needs to be solved. It deserves to be a huge priority. - Bill Gates

4. There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever. - Thomas A. Edison

5. Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. - Calvin Coolidge

6. A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large. - Henry Ford

7. People are lucky and unlucky not according to what they get absolutely, but according to the ratio between what they get and what they have been led to expect. - Samuel Butler

8. Persuasion is achieved by the speaker's personal character when the speech is so spoken as to make us think him credible. We believe good men more fully and more readily than others: this is true generally whatever the question is, and absolutely true where exact certainty is impossible and opinions are divided. - Aristotle

9. It is absolutely impossible to transcend the laws of nature. What can change in historically different circumstances is only the form in which these laws expose themselves. - Karl Marx

10. My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them. - Winston Churchill

11. We should meet abuse by forbearance. Human nature is so constituted that if we take absolutely no notice of anger or abuse, the person indulging in it will soon weary of it and stop. -  Mahatma Gandhi

12. The strength and power of a country depends absolutely on the quantity of good men and women in it. - John Ruskin

13. Am I bossy? Absolutely. I don't like to lose, and if I'm told 'no,' then I find another way to get my 'yes.' But I'm a loyal person. - Naomi Campbell

14. If humanity does not opt for integrity we are through completely. It is absolutely touch and go. Each one of us could make the difference. - R. Buckminster Fuller

15. Infinites, when considered absolutely without any restriction or limitation, are neither equal nor unequal, nor have any certain proportion one to another, and therefore, the principle that all infinites are equal is a precarious one. - Isaac Newton

16. The one charm about marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties. - Oscar Wilde

17. God is absolutely holy and wise. His nature, attributes, and power are all holy. He is omnipresent, incorporeal, unborn, immense, omniscient, omnipotent, merciful and just. He is the maker, protector, and destroyer of worlds. - Dayananda Saraswati

18. To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it. - Henry Kissinger

19. I have a huge admiration for the House of Lords, I have a huge admiration for the people who work in the House of Lords, they're great public servants and they do an absolutely tremendous job. - John Major

20. We totally and absolutely renounce all forms of terrorism. - Yasser Arafat

21. If you have a burning ambition and desire, absolutely anything can be achieved. - Jahangir Khan

22. Forensics I've always found absolutely fascinating. Anything to do with clues. And checking things out and solving. - Sandra Bullock

23. Democracy arises out of the notion that those who are equal in any respect are equal in all respects; because men are equally free, they claim to be absolutely equal. - Aristotle

24. We're close friends - the American people, the Israeli people, our governments. There's absolutely no daylight - none - between us and the Israelis on the question of Israel's security. - Joe Biden

25. It is absolutely important to balance stars with newcomers so the whole chemistry and ambience between people who have never worked before becomes far more explosive and exciting. -  Sanjay Leela Bhansali

26. I don't like eating outside food at all. I do it only if there is absolutely no choice. Whenever I have a party at home, and even if there are 25 people coming, I make it a point to cook everything at home, and I don't get any stuff from outside. - Nana Patekar

27. When you are absolutely new and face failure, you want that one big chance to prove yourself. - Jaya Bachchan

28. I absolutely want to have a career where you make'em laugh and make'em cry. It's all theater. - Jim Carrey

29. The euro has become a means by which superior German productivity is able to gain an absolutely unbeatable advantage over the whole eurozone territory. - Boris Johnson

30. I used to look in the mirror and feel shame, I look in the mirror now and I absolutely love myself. - Drew Barrymore

31. No word is absolutely wrong or dirty or insulting. It all depends upon context and intention. - Janet Jackson

32. The U.S.S.R. had absolutely nothing to do with the triumph of the Cuban Revolution. - Fidel Castro

33. How I would describe my characters is absolutely different from how I would describe myself. - Salma Hayek

34. I would say that I was absolutely convinced of the possibility of our making an uranium engine, but I never thought that we would make a bomb; and at the bottom of my heart, I was really glad that it was to be an engine and not a bomb. - Werner Heisenberg

35. Our aims are absolutely clear: They are a high living standard in the country and a secure, free and comfortable life. - Vladimir Putin

36. I would like to make it known, on this program, loud and clear, that I would absolutely embrace with all five of my arms being a Bond villain. - Ben Kingsley.

PRESS_0002_Absolutely.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer