Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-20 17:28:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Agriculture Quotes

Agriculture Quotes

1. If agriculture goes wrong, nothing else will have a chance to go right. - M. S. Swaminathan

2. True contentment is a thing as active as agriculture. It is the power of getting out of any situation all that there is in it. It is arduous and it is rare. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

3. America was indebted to immigration for her settlement and prosperity. That part of America which had encouraged them most had advanced most rapidly in population, agriculture and the arts. - James Madison

4. Agriculture not only gives riches to a nation, but the only riches she can call her own. - Samuel Johnson

5. There are two major challenges before Indian agriculture today: ecological and economical. The conservation of our basic agricultural assets such as land, water, and biodiversity is a major challenge. How to make agriculture sustainable is the challenge. - M. S. Swaminathan

6. I never wanted to become an actor. I always wanted to be a farmer and dreamt of owning half an acre of agriculture land. - Pawan Kalyan

7. If you're using first-class land for biofuels, then you're competing with the growing of food. And so you're actually spiking food prices by moving energy production into agriculture. - Bill Gates

8. If the U.S. became the undisputed superpower that it is today, it was primarily because of its technology, whether it is in transportation, agriculture, high-tech industry, medicine, etc. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

9. One succeeds in obtaining an equivalent production at a lower price by improving the arts, trades and agriculture and by developing the physical and moral qualities of workers, farmers and craftsmen. - Antoine Lavoisier

10. In antiquity, agriculture and industry depended completely on human labor; but now, with the development of natural forces that human labor cannot match, agriculture and industry have fallen completely into the hands of the capitalists. The greater the amount of capital, the more abundant the resources that can be utilized. - Sun Yat-sen

11. People want development, modern thinking. They want to encourage and support research in agriculture and other fields. - Sharad Pawar

12. To Mahatma Gandhi, the key to India's progress was the development of its villages. In his unified vision, education, agriculture, village industry, social reform all came together to provide the basis for a vibrant rural society free from exploitation and linked to the urban centres as equals. Our planning incorporates this basic insight. - Rajiv Gandhi

13. I always told my children that if they want to be pilot, go ahead and do it, or if they wanted to get into agriculture, I told them that I will support them. But when they chose music, you feel as if those birds have come back home to the nest. - Shankar Mahadevan

14. Land is becoming a diminishing resource for agriculture, in spite of a growing understanding that the future of food security will depend upon the sustainable management of land resources as well as the conservation of prime farmland for agriculture. - M. S. Swaminathan

15. Most farmers know that their children's future will probably not be in agriculture, but they have a hard time imagining a different life. - Abhijit Banerjee.

farm_field-1024x685.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer