Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-10 17:25:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Ask Quotes

Ask Quotes

1. My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - John F. Kennedy

2. If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. - Margaret Thatcher

3. Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you. - Thomas Jefferson

4. I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

5. No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it. - Theodore Roosevelt

6. Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms. - George Eliot

7. Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen, but his country's cause. - Homer

8. I always invest my own money in the companies that I create. I don't believe in the whole thing of just using other people's money. I don't think that's right. I'm not going to ask other people to invest in something if I'm not prepared to do so myself. - Elon Musk

9. Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead. - Chanakya

10. You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new. - Steve Jobs

11. A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. - Robert Frost

12. First ask yourself: What is the worst that can happen? Then prepare to accept it. Then proceed to improve on the worst. - Dale Carnegie

13. Cowardice asks the question, is it safe? Expediency asks the question, is it politic? Vanity asks the question, is it popular? But conscience asks the question, is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because it is right. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

14. One of the very important characteristics of a student is to question. Let the students ask questions. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

15. The fool wonders, the wise man asks. - Benjamin Disraeli

16. A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him. - Winston Churchill

17. You ask me if I keep a notebook to record my great ideas. I've only ever had one. - Albert Einstein

18. We gazed dreamily at the Milky Way and once in a while caught some shooting stars. Times like those gave me the opportunity to wonder and ask all those very basic questions. That sense of awe for the heavens started there. - Kalpana Chawla

19. Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates. - Magic Johnson

20. Let us ask ourselves, 'What kind of people do we think we are?' And let us answer, 'Free people, worthy of freedom and determined not only to remain so but to help others gain their freedom as well.' - Ronald Reagan

21. We can make a commitment to promote vegetables and fruits and whole grains on every part of every menu. We can make portion sizes smaller and emphasize quality over quantity. And we can help create a culture - imagine this - where our kids ask for healthy options instead of resisting them. - Michelle Obama

22. One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

23. I will do my best. That is all I can do. I ask for your help - and God's. - Lyndon B. Johnson

24. Standing as I do, with my hand upon this staff, and under the folds of the American flag, I ask you to stand by me so long as I stand by it. - Abraham Lincoln

25. I am confident that nobody... will accuse me of selfishness if I ask to spend time, while I am still in good health, with my family, my friends and also with myself. - Nelson Mandela

26. People often ask me how I feel about my invention being used to kill people every day and the AK being a common weapon of ethnic conflicts. I want to make it clear that I created my assault rifle to protect my country. You can blame politicians for its spreading out of control on a global scale. - Mikhail Kalashnikov

27. Most people who ask for advice from others have already resolved to act as it pleases them. - Khalil Gibran

28. No matter what your mission is, have some notion in your head. Forget the model, whether it's government or nonprofit or profit. Ask yourself the more important question: Is my mission improving the world? Are you sure about it? Seek to disconfirm that all the time. And if you can, change your mission. - Jeff Bezos

29. Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be loved. - Michael Jackson

30. Your cravings as a human animal do not become a prayer just because it is God whom you ask to attend to them. - Dag Hammarskjold

31. Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential. - Barack Obama

32. Can a mortal ask questions which God finds unanswerable? Quite easily, I should think. All nonsense questions are unanswerable. - C. S. Lewis

33. It is happy for you that you possess the talent of flattering with delicacy. May I ask whether these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are they the result of previous study? - Jane Austen

34. What makes us human, I think, is an ability to ask questions, a consequence of our sophisticated spoken language. - Jane Goodall

35. Freedom comes only to those who no longer ask of life that it shall yield them any of those personal goods that are subject to the mutations of time. - Bertrand Russell

36. Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things.  - Steve Jobs.

ask-com-logo2-1920-800x450.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer