Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-27 17:32:41

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Attraction and Attracted Quotes

Attraction and Attracted Quotes

1. Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. - Albert Einstein

2. There is safety in reserve, but no attraction. One cannot love a reserved person. - Jane Austen

3. A powerful attraction exists, therefore, to the promotion of a study and of duties of all others engrossing the time most completely, and which is less benefited than most others by any acquaintance with science. - Charles Babbage

4. I thought the attractions of being an astronaut were actually, not so much the Moon, but flying in a completely new medium. - Neil Armstrong

5. In England, the profession of the law is that which seems to hold out the strongest attraction to talent, from the circumstance, that in it ability, coupled with exertion, even though unaided by patronage, cannot fail of obtaining reward. - Charles Babbage

6. We should not be worried about age when it comes to love and attraction. - Monica Bellucci

7. The Taj Mahal can be a tourist attraction, an architectural marvel, but it can never be treated as a monument of faith. After all, there is a difference between tourism and faith. - Yogi Adityanath

8. For me, power was never an attraction. - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

9. Actual violence has no attraction for me at all. - Jane Campion

10. Marriage of attraction is a gamble anyway, so you might as well marry into a family that is similar to your own, and make that much less of an adjustment. But the 'love marriage', as it is called, is equally common in India now. But it would be interesting to do a comparison of what would work better. Marriage is hard work, and it is a gamble. - Mira Nair

11. Cricket has come to take centerstage among all sports in the country today and it is therefore no surprise that the organizers are romping in added attractions, to cheer the crowd, in a bid to pay value for their money. - P. T. Usha

12. A.K. Hangal's work is a big contribution to serious theatre. To stick to it despite the attractions of commercial cinema is proof of his dedication. - Rohini Hattangadi

13. I have a great respect for incremental improvement, and I've done that sort of thing in my life, but I've always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don't know why. Because they're harder. They're much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you've completely failed. - Steve Jobs

14. There are absolutely lots of teachers who are trying to come into the profession, but they are not attracted enough to say, 'I'm going to switch careers to do it,' or they are often not retained... because the salaries and the compensation aren't there to make it happen. - Melinda Gates

15. I guess I'm attracted to these off beat roles because my life has been a bit abnormal. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled. - Johnny Depp

16. The thing which attracted me to Google and to the Internet in general is that it's a great equalizer. I've always been struck by the fact that Google search worked the same, as long as you had access to a computer with connectivity, if you're a rural kid anywhere or a professor at Stanford or Harvard. - Sundar Pichai

17. I'm more attracted to a stronger man rather than a feminine man. Someone who would just throw me down and take control. I love feeling helpless. I definitely like a man who is aggressive and confident. - Carmen Electra

18. One of the things that first attracted me to chess is that it brings you into contact with intelligent, civilized people - men of the stature of Garry Kasparov, the former world champion, who was my part-time coach. - Magnus Carlsen

19. There is a lot of speculation about what women are attracted to, and there are a lot of misconceptions. - Leonardo DiCaprio

20. The thing I am attracted to is just good writing and stories that are based somewhat in reality. - Jennifer Aniston

21. As an actor, I'm attracted to drama; as a director, it's humor - because it's the story of my life, and I can't be that serious about it. Being alone is a big theme in all my movies, both as a director and as an actress. - Jodie Foster

22. Being a creative person, I'm naturally drawn towards art of any kind. But I'm more attracted to paintings because they radiate an aura of their own. - Dimple Kapadia

23. I have been in love, and it was a great feeling. It's when you are attracted to and feel affection for someone. You want to do things for that person. But only love isn't enough in a relationship - understanding and communication are very important aspects. - Yuvraj Singh

24. Everything can change, but Indian movies will not change much because we're so used to the dance and songs and everything. Even Americans are getting very attracted to all this. - - Madhuri Dixit

25. Power in itself has never attracted me, nor has position been my goal. - Sonia Gandhi

26. I became passionate about filmmaking. The thrill to make something out of nothing and to go out there to see whether it will work or not attracted me. - Pooja Bhatt

27. When in 1963 we started large-scale research and testing with semi-dwarf varieties of wheat obtained from Mexico through Norman Borlaug, the new plant types attracted media attention immediately. - M. S. Swaminathan

28. I get attracted to projects because of the script or the idea and the basic character. - Sharmila Tagore

29. I am still head over heels in love with my Kohinoor, Yousuf Sahab, the way I was when I first felt attracted to him as a 12 year-old. - Saira Banu

30. I'm attracted to everything, and that's what keeps my mind alive always. - Govinda.

31.jpg?v=1492026671

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer