Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-09 17:15:39

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Autumn and Fall Quotes

Autumn Quotes

1. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. - George Eliot

2. Unless a tree has borne blossoms in spring, you will vainly look for fruit on it in autumn. - Walter Scott

3. Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay. - Robert Browning

4. There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been! - Percy Bysshe Shelley

5. No man can taste the fruits of autumn while he is delighting his scent with the flowers of spring. - Samuel Johnson

6. My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane. - Robert Frost

7. Designers want me to dress like Spring, in billowing things. I don't feel like Spring. I feel like a warm red Autumn. - Marilyn Monroe

8. Into each life some rain must fall. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

9. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

10. Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant. - Socrates

11. Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall. - William Shakespeare

12. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. - Edmund Burke

13. Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall. - Oliver Goldsmith

14. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. - Steve Jobs

15. I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? - Ernest Hemingway

16. Put two ships in the open sea, without wind or tide, and, at last, they will come together. Throw two planets into space, and they will fall one on the other. Place two enemies in the midst of a crowd, and they will inevitably meet; it is a fatality, a question of time; that is all. - Jules Verne

17. We may stumble and fall but shall rise again; it should be enough if we did not run away from the battle. - Mahatma Gandhi

18. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

19. Even the knowledge of my own fallibility cannot keep me from making mistakes. Only when I fall do I get up again. - Vincent Van Gogh

20. A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. - John F. Kennedy

21. United we stand, divided we fall. - Aesop

22. Beauty is the only thing that time cannot harm. Philosophies fall away like sand, creeds follow one another, but what is beautiful is a joy for all seasons, a possession for all eternity. - Oscar Wilde

23. The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found? - J. B. Priestley

24. There is no kind of dishonesty into which otherwise good people more easily and frequently fall than that of defrauding the government. - Benjamin Franklin

25. How happy had it been for me had I been slain in the battle. It had been far more noble to have died the victim of the enemy than fall a sacrifice to the rage of my friends. - Alexander the Great

26. Never look backwards or you'll fall down the stairs. - Rudyard Kipling

27. The airplane stays up because it doesn't have the time to fall. - Orville Wright

28. One of the things I realized is that if you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list, your kids fall lower and lower on your list. - Michelle Obama

29. If we do not lift up women and families, everyone will fall short. - Kamala Harris

30. If a leader doesn't convey passion and intensity then there will be no passion and intensity within the organization and they'll start to fall down and get depressed. - Colin Powell.

best-fall-pictures-1657042206.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.753xh;0,0.149xh&resize=980:*

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer