Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-13 17:43:30

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Average Quotes

Average Quotes

1. The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. - Winston Churchill

2. Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people. - John D. Rockefeller

3. We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special. - Stephen Hawking

4. If I could explain it to the average person, it wouldn't have been worth the Nobel Prize. - Richard P. Feynman

5. Social engineering has become about 75% of an average hacker's toolkit, and for the most successful hackers, it reaches 90% or more. - John McAfee

6. Every normal person, in fact, is only normal on the average. His ego approximates to that of the psychotic in some part or other and to a greater or lesser extent. - Sigmund Freud

7. I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the average man. - Theodore Roosevelt

8. When I was growing up, I wasn't an extrovert. If anything, I was an introverted kid and a very average pupil at school. I was very quiet. - Clint Eastwood

9. I think the average person thinks I'm a nut and I deserve whatever happens to me. - Mike Tyson

10. You renew yourself every day. Sometimes you're successful, sometimes your not, but it's the average that counts. - Satya Nadella

11. The upward course of a nation's history is due in the long run to the soundness of heart of its average men and women. - Queen Elizabeth II

12. I'm not Brad Pitt or George Clooney. Those guys walk into a room and the room changes. I think there's something more... not average, but everyman about me. - Matt Damon

13. I was brought up differently than the average American child because the average child is brought up expecting to be happy. - Marilyn Monroe

14. A good project but a poor director will always make a mediocre film, but an average script and good director can make a good film, as he will put in everything to make the film look good. - - - Kajol

15. I don't know if I am a good, average, or bad writer, but I write fast. Everything I observe, my experiences and imagination come together while writing. - Dhanush

16. I'm just wanting to make the proper breakfast and keep the house. That's my passion. At the request of my kids, I'm taking cooking classes. As I go to sleep at night, I think, 'Did I do a great job as a mom, or was that an average day?' - Angelina Jolie

17. If I stop practising, I will be an average singer. There are a lot of singers I know who hardly practise, yet sing well. - Sonu Nigam

18. What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult. - Sigmund Freud

19. The long irons are the nemesis of the average golfer. I'm convinced that the underlying reason for this is that he keeps hearing how hard they are to handle. They're not that difficult, truly. - Jack Nicklaus

20. The average family spends 30 hours in front of a television, and they say they don't have the time to have a balanced, integrated life. - Stephen Covey

21. I'm just an average woman with average concerns. - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

22. There can be no doubt that the average man blames much more than he praises. His instinct is to blame. If he is satisfied he says nothing; if he is not, he most illogically kicks up a row. - Golda Meir

23. A fairly bright boy is far more intelligent and far better company than the average adult. - John B. S. Haldane

24. My parents were not poor, I mean we were a very average middle-class family of academics, but my grandfather happened to have built house literally next to one of Kolkata's largest slum. - Abhijit Banerjee

25. Our public life withers when only the most extreme voices get attention. Most of all, democracy breaks down when the average person feels their voice doesn't matter; that the system is rigged in favor of the rich or the powerful or some narrow interest. - Barack Obama

26. I have been into social work since 45 years, and at an average, every day for one or two hours, I have been engaging in social discourses. It is not a small thing. - Narendra Modi

27. I had very good support from Democrats and Republicans all throughout my administration. I had a very high batting average. We added more jobs per year in my four years than any other president since the Second World War. - Jimmy Carter

28. Balls should be good for at least six sets, and for more for the average player. But if the rallies are long, they do not last as long as this. There is a fuzz on the surface that wears off on the hard court. - Helen Wills Moody

29. I'm an utterly average, total geek. - Julia Roberts

30. As an athlete, I'd average four hours a day. It doesn't sound like a lot when some people say they're training for 10 hours, but theirs includes lunch, massage and breaks. My four hours was packed with work. - Michael Johnson

31. I came to dedicate my life to opening space to the average person and crafting designs for new spaceships that could take us far from home. But since Apollo ended, such travels were only in our collective memory. - Buzz Aldrin

32. I'm only 5-foot-6, but people think I'm sort of a great big Viking woman. I'm not - I'm completely normal and average. - Kate Winslet.

cjImghwGZ0PAsrFPfmbQf3PhpWtEHOMisqyKO5XWFAcHY6dWxpPzTfXfMZxNXtUlxrPNiLBqaBy1vqm31INksdNoIdFr-ef84lp8UX0cdmy_vXaJ2SFLs6DiChpR_prBykUipKHg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer