Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-19 15:48:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Battles Quotes

Battles Quotes

1. Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them. - Napoleon Bonaparte

2. Probably the battle of Waterloo was won on the playing-fields of Eton, but the opening battles of all subsequent wars have been lost there. - George Orwell

3. I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me. - Giuseppe Garibaldi

4. Strike against war, for without you no battles can be fought! - Helen Keller

5. History does nothing; it does not possess immense riches, it does not fight battles. It is men, real, living, who do all this. - Karl Marx

6. Your battles inspired me - not the obvious material battles but those that were fought and won behind your forehead. - James Joyce

7. There are certain battles that you pick. When they're not worth picking, they're laughable stories. - David Beckham

8. I don't want to fight old battles. I want to fight new ones. - Satya Nadella

9. Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter. - Winston Churchill

10. There's a small percentage of people who can act. There's a small percentage who get to do this for a living. There's a swath of the population that are able to keep a story in their head and fight all the battles against self-consciousness and the surreal unnaturalness of acting in a movie. The technical aspects you can learn fairly quickly. - Tom Hanks

11. I'd like to think that I'm a calm and sweet person. I tend to be very playful at home with my children, but in life... we have to fight our battles - our work battles, our political battles, our personal battles - and we're focused. - Angelina Jolie

12. The battles that count aren't the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself - the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us - that's where it's at. - Jesse Owens.

france-s-duke-of-alencon--r-kneeling--crouching-in-53381360-6afcf24df83f4387a210504442130e46.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer