Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-20 15:50:21

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bay and Bayonets Quotes

Bay and Bayonets Quotes

1. The people who are doing the work are the moving force behind the Macintosh. My job is to create a space for them, to clear out the rest of the organization and keep it at bay. - Steve Jobs

2. The Bay of Bengal is hit frequently by cyclones. The months of November and May, in particular, are dangerous in this regard. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

3. Growing up in northern California has had a big influence on my love and respect for the outdoors. When I lived in Oakland, we would think nothing of driving to Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz one day and then driving to the foothills of the Sierras the next day. - Tom Hanks

4. I have this terrible dark side to my personality, which playing tennis keeps at bay. - Monica Seles

5. I think what's going on in Guantanamo Bay and other places is a disgrace to the U.S.A. I wouldn't say it's the cause of terrorism, but it has given impetus and excuses to potential terrorists to lash out at our country and justify their despicable acts. - Jimmy Carter

6. In the Bay Area, there was a resurgence of Dixieland jazz in the '40s - there was the Frisco Jazz Band, and Lu Watters and the Yerba Buena Jazz Band. - Clint Eastwood

7. You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. - Boris Yeltsin

8. Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets. Napoleon - Bonaparte

9. Regimes planted by bayonets do not take root. - Ronald Reagan

10. You can do anything with bayonets except sit on them. - Thomas Hardy

11. A revolution is an idea which has found its bayonets. - Napoleon Bonaparte.

H20253-L107406348.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer