Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-23 16:10:34

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Be Prepared Quotes

Be Prepared Quotes

1. If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing. - Margaret Thatcher

2. Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3. To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace. - George Washington

4. A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm. - Henrik Ibsen

5. We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we will always be free. - Ronald Reagan

6. Be Prepared... the meaning of the motto is that a scout must prepare himself by previous thinking out and practicing how to act on any accident or emergency so that he is never taken by surprise. - Robert Baden-Powell

7. I always had a philosophy which I got from my father. He used to say, 'Listen. God gave to you the gift to play football. This is your gift from God. If you take care of your health, if you are in good shape all the time, with your gift from God no one will stop you, but you must be prepared.' - Pele

8. If you believe you can make a difference, not just in politics, in public service, in advocacy around all these important issues, then you have to be prepared to accept that you are not going to get 100 percent approval. - Hillary Clinton

9. We needed 40 years to overcome East Germany. Sometimes in history, one has to be prepared for the long haul and not ask after four months if it still makes sense to keep up our demands. - Angela Merkel

10. One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice-president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'. - Dan Quayle

11. Your post-college years should be an exploratory time in your professional life. From your early twenties and on into your early thirties, you should feel free to explore your professional prospects. Keep an open mind, and don't expect to get everything right straight out of the gate. Be prepared to start over once or twice. - Ivanka Trump

12. Personally, I like reading adventures which really have happened to people, because they show what kind of things might happen to oneself, and they teach one how to 'Be Prepared' to meet them. - Robert Baden-Powell

13. There are, in fact, very few organic zinc compounds; only the first members of the series, which correspond to the simplest organic radicals, can be prepared without too much difficulty, but they have the disadvantage of being spontaneously inflammable in air and are consequently very dangerous to handle. - Victor Grignard

14. Nuclear power plants must be prepared to withstand everything from earthquakes to tsunamis, from fires to floods to acts of terrorism. - Ban Ki-moon

15. If you want to bring an end to long-standing conflict, you have to be prepared to compromise. - Aung San Suu Kyi

16. I believe it is better to be prepared for illness than to wait for a cure. - Roger Moore

17. If you are the wife of a governor or the wife of a vice president, I think you can be prepared for it. - Barbara Bush

18. It is very important to be confident and strong even if you lose, because you know there are tournaments coming up next, and you have to be prepared for it. - P. V. Sindhu

19. The conditions change so much at the French Open, you know, you have to be prepared for something you really don't know what it is. You can practice in the morning and it's fine, and the weather is great then you come to play in the afternoon and it is drizzly and the conditions are totally different. - Mats Wilander

20. We have to be prepared to play some attritional cricket at times. - Joe Root.

Be-Prepared-for-Everything.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer