Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-14 18:10:03

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Birth Quotes

Birth Quotes

1. Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death. - Albert Einstein

2. I had seen birth and death but had thought they were different. - T. S. Eliot

3. A man is great by deeds, not by birth. - Chanakya

4. I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country. Thomas Jefferson

5. Only mothers can think of the future - because they give birth to it in their children. - Maxim Gorky

6. What you are, you are by accident of birth; what I am, I am by myself. There are and will be a thousand princes; there is only one Beethoven. - Ludwig van Beethoven

7. Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral? It is because we are not the person involved. - Mark Twain

8. We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain - that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom - and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. - Abraham Lincoln

9. We should weep for men at their birth, not at their death. - Montesquieu

10. The fate of nations is intimately bound up with their powers of reproduction. All nations and all empires first felt decadence gnawing at them when their birth rate fell off. - Benito Mussolini

11. The act of birth is the first experience of anxiety, and thus the source and prototype of the affect of anxiety. - Sigmund Freud

12. God is the most ancient of all things, for he had no birth. - Thales

13. You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family. We're all family - an extended family. - Sandra Bullock

14. These technologies can make life easier, can let us touch people we might not otherwise. You may have a child with a birth defect and be able to get in touch with other parents and support groups, get medical information, the latest experimental drugs. These things can profoundly influence life. I'm not downplaying that. - Steve Jobs

15. There is an electric fire in human nature tending to purify - so that among these human creatures there is continually some birth of new heroism. The pity is that we must wonder at it, as we should at finding a pearl in rubbish. - John Keats

16. The two big advantages I had at birth were to have been born wise and to have been born in poverty. - Sophia Loren

17. Attachment and aversion are the root cause of karma, and karma originates from infatuation. Karma is the root cause of birth and death, and these are said to be the source of misery. None can escape the effect of their own past karma. - Mahavira

18. Anything I've done up till May 27th 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life. - Johnny Depp

19. I would love to see more women directors because they represent half of the population - and gave birth to the whole world. Without them writing and being directors, the rest of us are not going to know the whole story. - Jane Campion

20. Military dictatorship is born from the power of the gun, and so it undermines the concept of the rule of law and gives birth to a culture of might, a culture of weapons, violence and intolerance. - Benazir Bhutto

21. There are unwanted emotions and pain that goes along with any birth. - John Travolta

22. He has not lived badly whose birth and death has been unnoticed by the world. - Horace

23. Indeed there are powers in the small child that are far greater than is generally realized, because it is in this period that the construction, the building-up, of man takes place, for at birth, psychically speaking, there is nothing at all - zero! - Maria Montessori

24. Hope is like a harebell trembling from its birth. - Christina Rossetti

25. To give birth is a fearsome thing; there is no hating the child one has borne even when injured by it. - Sophocles

26. There are millions of Americans outside Washington who are tired of stale political arguments and are moving this country forward. They believe, and I believe, that here in America, our success should depend not on accident of birth, but the strength of our work ethic and the scope of our dreams. - Barack Obama

27. Apart from life, a strong constitution, and an abiding connection to the Thembu royal house, the only thing my father bestowed upon me at birth was a name, Rolihlahla. - Nelson Mandela

28. If we as a nation are to break the cycle of poverty, crime and the growing underclass of young people ill equipped to be productive citizens, we need to not only implement effective programs to prevent teen pregnancy, but we must also help those who have already given birth so that they become effective, nurturing, bonding parents. - Jane Fonda

29. Personality is immediately apparent, from birth, and I don't think it really changes. - Meryl Streep

30. My only reason why I am not doing films is my children. My children need my attention, and it's my duty to give them my time. I have not given birth to them to just dump them and go off to work. I am not that kind of a person. - Kajol

31. But whoever gives birth to useless children, what would you say of him except that he has bred sorrows for himself, and furnishes laughter for his enemies. - Sophocles

32. My life comes down to three moments: the death of my father, meeting my husband, and the birth of my daughter. Everything I did previous to that just doesn't seem to add up to very much. - Gwyneth Paltrow

33. I grew up hearing stories about my grandmother - my mother's mother - who used to go to villages in India in her little VW bug. My grandmother would take a bullhorn and make sure women in these villages knew how to access birth control. - Kamala Harris

34. When my family moved to Karachi, I just knew the date and month of my birth and not the exact year. That is why my age was erroneously recorded in the under-14 trials. - Shahid Afridi

35. I have spent every New Year's Eve since 1992 in Lourdes. I spend the hour of my birth every year in the grotto. It's a place with meaning for me. - Paulo Coelho

36. I've successfully convinced others to let me redevelop the historic Old Post Office Pavilion on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C. I also led the acquisition of the iconic 800-acre Doral Resort & Spa from my hospital bed after giving birth to my daughter, Arabella. - Ivanka Trump

37. Too many people use abortion as a form of birth control. And that's very wrong. I could never, ever have an abortion. - Brooke Shields

38. The birth of science as we know it arguably began with Isaac Newton's formulation of the laws of gravitation and motion. It is no exaggeration to say that physics was reborn in the early 20th-century with the twin revolutions of quantum mechanics and the theory of relativity. - Paul Davies

39. The birth of science rang the death-knell of an arbitrary and constantly interposing Supreme Power. - Annie Besant

40. A lot of my reading over the next few months will be the works of Hans Christian Andersen - I have been appointed an ambassador for the bicentenary celebrations of his birth next year. - Roger Moore

41. A certificate of live birth is not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination as a birth certificate. - Donald Trump

42. I was, like, forty at birth. When I wasn't even a year old, I spoke, I was potty trained, I walked and talked. That was it. Then I started school and drove everybody crazy because they realized I had popped out as an adult. I had adult questions and wanted adult answers. - Sharon Stone.

dallas-curow.JPG

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer