Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-17 16:29:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bite and Bites Quotes

Bite and Bites Quotes

1. Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it. - Thomas Jefferson

2. Dogs never bite me - just humans. - Marilyn Monroe

3. The Apostle Paul did what he had to do to spread the message of God. I realize that that is what I have to do; I have to bite the bullet and overcome my shyness. - Chuck Norris

4. If you live among dogs, keep a stick. After all, this is what a hound has teeth for-to bite when he feels like it! - Nikita Khrushchev

5. I've never doubted that apartheid - because it was of itself fundamentally, intrinsically evil - was going to bite the dust eventually. - Desmond Tutu

6. The belief is growing on me that the disease is communicated by the bite of the mosquito... She always injects a small quantity of fluid with her bite - what if the parasites get into the system in this manner. - Ronald Ross

7. Spotting a rare bird is never worth the bite of a cur. Once bitten by a German shepherd, I knew that I preferred cats, even if they are bird-killers. Life is long enough for more than one chance at a rare bird. - James D. Watson

8. When you make a drama, you spend all day beating a guy to death with a hammer, or what have you. Or, you have to take a bite out of somebody's face. On the other hand, with a comedy, you yell at Billy Crystal for an hour, and you go home. - Robert De Niro

9. Sometimes, it's just easier to say yes to that extra snack or dessert, because frankly, it is exhausting to keep saying no. It's exhausting to plead with our kids to eat just one more bite of vegetables. - Michelle Obama

10. When you are starved and something is dropped on your plate you are going to relish every bite. - Anu Malik

11. I must have something sweet to round off every meal. Else, I can turn grumpy. It can be a small bite, but I must have it. - Zeenat Aman

12. I know that campaigns can seem small, and even silly. Trivial things become big distractions. Serious issues become sound bites. And the truth gets buried under an avalanche of money and advertising. If you're sick of hearing me approve this message, believe me - so am I. - Barack Obama

13. Well, I think we tried very hard not to be overconfident, because when you get overconfident, that's when something snaps up and bites you. - Neil Armstrong

14. Literature is a toil and a snare, a curse that bites deep. - D. H. Lawrence

15. If I have a weakness, it's probably ice cream. That's where I get lax, sloppy. I'll sneak into the refrigerator at night and take two or three bites and put it back. Butter pecan. Only two or three bites, but it shows. - Jack Nicklaus

16. When things don't go your way, it bites you from within, and you have to find a way to get out of it. - Shikhar Dhawan

17. This game can be brutal. As soon as you get comfortable, it bites you. You have to stay on it all the time. - Joe Root.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer