Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-20 16:11:17

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Black Hole and Black Holes Quotes

Black Hole and Black Holes Quotes

1. An asteroid or a supervolcano could certainly destroy us, but we also face risks the dinosaurs never saw: An engineered virus, nuclear war, inadvertent creation of a micro black hole, or some as-yet-unknown technology could spell the end of us. - Elon Musk

2. I used to think information was destroyed in black hole. This was my biggest blunder, or at least my biggest blunder in science. - Stephen Hawking

3. We have seen a lot of interest from Chinese developers on Google Play because the extent to which Android is used. If we can figure out a model by which we can serve those users, it would be a privilege to do so. So I don't think of China as a black hole. - Sundar Pichai

4. We would look up at the night sky together, and although Stephen wasn't actually very good at detecting constellations, he would tell me about the expanding universe and the possibility of it contracting again and describe a star collapsing in on itself to form a black hole in a way that was quite easy to understand. - Jane Hawking

5. It's a pity that nobody has found an exploding black hole. If they had, I would have won a Nobel prize. - Stephen Hawking

6. Although almost every theoretical physicist agrees with my prediction that a black hole should glow like a hot body, it would be very difficult to verify experimentally because the temperature of a macroscopic black hole is so low. - Stephen Hawking

7. Depression can take you into a black hole, so it is terrible. - Asha Parekh

8. The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

9. There are no black holes in the sense of regimes from which light can't escape to infinity. - Stephen Hawking

10. My discovery that black holes emit radiation raised serious problems of consistency with the rest of physics. I have now resolved these problems, but the answer turned out to be not what I expected. - Stephen Hawking

11. It is no good getting furious if you get stuck. What I do is keep thinking about the problem but work on something else. Sometimes it is years before I see the way forward. In the case of information loss and black holes, it was 29 years. - Stephen Hawking

12. Only black holes of very low mass would emit a significant amount of radiation. - Stephen Hawking

13. Things changed with the discovery of neutron stars and black holes - objects with gravitational fields so intense that dramatic space and time-warping effects occur. - Paul Davies.

MIT-Hawkings-Area-01-press_0.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer