Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-27 15:54:17

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Blind Quotes - II

Blind Quotes - II

1. They who assert that a blind fatality produced the various effects we behold in this world talk very absurdly; for can anything be more unreasonable than to pretend that a blind fatality could be productive of intelligent beings? - Montesquieu

2. The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision. - Henry Kissinger

3. It is baffling, I must say, that in our modern world we have such blind trust in science and technology that we all accept what science tells us about everything - until, that is, it comes to climate science. - Prince Charles

4. When I studied in DPS Mathura Road in Delhi, there was a school for blind exactly opposite to our school. I used to go there every week and spend time seeing how these students played cricket and did other things normally. - Shriya Saran

5. The human being is a strange mixture of blind instinct, on one hand, and conscience, on the other. - Fidel Castro

6. Once the command of the air is obtained by one of the contending armies, the war becomes a conflict between a seeing host and one that is blind. - H. G. Wells

7. Therefore if a man look sharply and attentively, he shall see Fortune; for though she be blind, yet she is not invisible. - Francis Bacon

8. We are not race blind. Of course we still have racial tensions in this country. But the United States of America has made enormous progress in race relations, and it is still the best place on Earth to be a minority. - Condoleezza Rice

9. I think love is blind. You don't see it; you don't hear what people are saying or what you're saying. You don't see what you're doing. All you see is the person in front of you. That's it. - Selena Gomez

10. If you turn a blind eye to fare evasion, if you accustom people to getting away with minor crime, you are making it more likely that they will go on to commit more serious crimes. That is why we have so much disorder in London. It is a disgrace. - Boris Johnson

11. There is an orderliness in the universe, there is an unalterable law governing everything and every being that exists or lives. It is no blind law; for no blind law can govern the conduct of living beings. - Mahatma Gandhi

12. A man who leaves home to mend himself and others is a philosopher; but he who goes from country to country, guided by the blind impulse of curiosity, is a vagabond. - Oliver Goldsmith

13. If I advocate cautious optimism it is not because I do not have faith in the future but because I do not want to encourage blind faith. - Aung San Suu Kyi

14. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind. - Immanuel Kant

15. What a blind person needs is not a teacher but another self. - Helen Keller

16. The eyes of some of the fans at Davis Cup matches scare me. There's no light in them. Fixed emotions. Blind worship. Horror. It makes me think of what happened to us long ago. - Boris Becker

17. Every man can see things far off but is blind to what is near. - Sophocles

18. The blind audition process can be nerve-wracking. - Christina Aguilera

19. Faith... must be enforced by reason... when faith becomes blind it dies. - Mahatma Gandhi

20. A statesman who confines himself to popular legislation - or, for the matter of that, a playwright who confines himself to popular plays - is like a blind man's dog who goes wherever the blind man pulls him, on the ground that both of them want to go to the same place. - George Bernard Shaw

21. I might show facts as plain as day: but, since your eyes are blind, you'd say, 'Where? What?' and turn away. - Christina Rossetti

22. All an actor has is their blind faith that they are who they say they are today, in any scene. - Meryl Streep

23. I was walking around legally blind. Now I have 20-20 vision. I can't believe I spent so many years blurry, but I think that coincides with how I was feeling. Now I notice if people are watching me, but I also smile right back if someone waves, which helps. - Nicole Kidman

24. I've never been a blind romantic. - Sandra Bullock

25. My left eye went when I was young. I was working the speed bag, and some steel went in the eye and scratched it to pieces. I was kinda blind in that eye. - Joe Frazier

26. The wisest man may be a blind father. - Jules Verne

27. I have played a mentally challenged person, a quadriplegic - but blind, I realised, is the most difficult because eyes are the most involuntary muscles in our body. Like, our pupils and their dilations are involuntary. - Hrithik Roshan

28. The day I set foot in Hyderabad, I saw an animal being hit by a vehicle. The city did not have a shelter for the bleeding animal, and I brought it home. In less than a month, our house was home to all kinds of animals - a buffalo with a broken hip, a blind mongoose, goats, dogs, cats. - Amala Akkineni

29. My father values talent. He recognizes real knowledge and skill when he finds it. He is color blind and gender neutral. He hires the best person for the job, period. - Ivanka Trump

30. It is not love that should be depicted as blind, but self-love. - Voltaire.

guide-dog-helping-blind-man-city-handsome-blind-guy-have-rest-with-golden-retriever-city_1157-40217.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer