Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-15 17:40:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Both Quotes - III

Both Quotes - III

1. Fame is fickle, and I know it. It has its compensations but it also has its drawbacks, and I've experienced them both. - Marilyn Monroe

2. Apply yourself both now and in the next life. Without effort, you cannot be prosperous. Though the land be good, You cannot have an abundant crop without cultivation. - Plato

3. Honesty and integrity are absolutely essential for success in life - all areas of life. The really good news is that anyone can develop both honesty and integrity. - Zig Ziglar

4. Happiness is neither without us nor within us. It is in God, both without us and within us. - Blaise Pascal

5. I was both loved and hated for being upfront. But I was just being myself. - Sunny Deol

6. Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

7. There is no doubt that some plant food, such as oatmeal, is more economical than meat, and superior to it in regard to both mechanical and mental performance. Such food, moreover, taxes our digestive organs decidedly less, and, in making us more contented and sociable, produces an amount of good difficult to estimate. - Nikola Tesla

8. I have lived long enough to satisfy both nature and glory. - Julius Caesar

9. It turns out that advancing equal opportunity and economic empowerment is both morally right and good economics, because discrimination, poverty and ignorance restrict growth, while investments in education, infrastructure and scientific and technological research increase it, creating more good jobs and new wealth for all of us. - William J. Clinton

10. I don't want to say too many words about the magic of the Cube, because it's basically a mystery. It's like the Mona Lisa smile. It's both complex and very simple at the same time. And, well, people like it. Even today. - Erno Rubik

11. It is far more difficult to be simple than to be complicated; far more difficult to sacrifice skill and easy execution in the proper place, than to expand both indiscriminately. - John Ruskin

12. Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. - George Orwell.

2-35.jpeg?w=640&ssl=1

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer