Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-09 00:58:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Breath Quotes - I

Breath Quotes - I

1. It's strange that words are so inadequate. Yet, like the asthmatic struggling for breath, so the lover must struggle for words. - T. S. Eliot

2. I will fight till my last breath for the sake of 3.5 crore people of Telangana. I am ready to make any sacrifice for them. - Vijayashanti

3. Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? - Mahatma Gandhi

4. I have lived a long life, and I am proud that I spend the whole of my life in the service of my people. I am only proud of this and nothing else. I shall continue to serve until my last breath, and when I die, I can say, that every drop of my blood will invigorate India and strengthen it. - Indira Gandhi

5. I don't care who you are, you're going to choke in certain matches. You get to a point where your legs don't move and you can't take a deep breath. You start to hit the ball about a yard wide, instead of inches. - Arthur Ashe

6. I balanced all, brought all to mind, the years to come seemed waste of breath, a waste of breath the years behind, in balance with this life, this death. - William Butler Yeats

7. Except during the nine months before he draws his first breath, no man manages his affairs as well as a tree does. - George Bernard Shaw

8. Fame is but the breath of people, and that often unwholesome. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

9. Thought is more than a right - it is the very breath of man. Whoever fetters thought attacks man himself. To speak, to write, to publish, are things, so far as the right is concerned, absolutely identical. They are the ever-enlarging circles of intelligence in action; they are the sonorous waves of thought. - Victor Hugo

10. The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. - Jules Verne

11. Science is properly more scrupulous than dogma. Dogma gives a charter to mistake, but the very breath of science is a contest with mistake, and must keep the conscience alive. - George Eliot

12. CO2 is the exhaling breath of our civilization, literally... Changing that pattern requires a scope, a scale, a speed of change that is beyond what we have done in the past. - Al Gore.

deepbreathing.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer