Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-21 22:43:15

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Britain Quotes - I

Britain Quotes - I

1. If you lead a country like Britain, a strong country, a country which has taken a lead in world affairs in good times and in bad, a country that is always reliable, then you have to have a touch of iron about you. - Margaret Thatcher

2. The assertion that 'all men are created equal' was of no practical use in effecting our separation from Great Britain and it was placed in the Declaration not for that, but for future use. - Abraham Lincoln

3. I want Britain to punch its weight in the European Community. - John Major

4. Labour is the party of law and order in Britain today. Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime. - Tony Blair

5. The Remain campaign... I've never seen a more miserable offering. All they are saying is stay in and we'll do our best to make sure that Britain's Parliamentary independence isn't eroded faster than we can possibly imagine. - Boris Johnson

6. Upon leaving the E.U., Britain will find itself with more opportunities for economic innovation than at any time in almost 50 years. - Rishi Sunak

7. What Britain needs is an iron lady. - Margaret Thatcher

8. Britain is characterized not just by its independence but, above all, by its openness. - David Cameron

9. I believe something very deeply. That Britain's national interest is best served in a flexible, adaptable and open European Union and that such a European Union is best with Britain in it. - David Cameron

10. Labour ministers often look puzzled when reports show that Britain has one of the lowest levels of social mobility in the developed world. They just don't get it. They see poverty, inequality, fairness, as all about income. For the past 12 years, they have relied on tax credits to solve this. But tax credits do not solve poverty: they mask it. - Theresa May

11. We, therefore, here in Britain stand shoulder to shoulder with our American friends in this hour of tragedy, and we, like them, will not rest until this evil is driven from our world. - Tony Blair.

12. Only in Britain could it be thought a defect to be too clever by half. The probability is that too many people are too stupid by three-quarters. - John Major.

27982_5dfabdb26b79c.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer