Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-24 00:18:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Britain Quotes - III

Britain Quotes - III

1. If we left the European Union, it would be a one-way ticket, not a return. So we will have time for a proper, reasoned debate. At the end of that debate you, the British people, will decide. - David Cameron

2. King Louis Philippe once said to me that he attributed the great success of the British nation in political life to their talking politics after dinner. - Benjamin Disraeli

3. I grew up with British rock. - Bryan Adams

4. I do like British guys. If I had to pick one it would be Ewan McGregor. I met him once and he was gorgeous, even if he is a little short. He has the most amazing charisma. - Eva Longoria

5. I feel the Conservatives are doing really well both in attracting votes from British Indians and also having successful British Indians in the party. - Rishi Sunak

6. If people don't like Marxism, they should blame the British Museum. - Mikhail Gorbachev

7. During the 1942 Quit India Movement, I was a student at Gwalior High School. I was arrested by the British for participating in the movement. My parents then sent me off to my village where, again, I jumped into the movement. - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

8. My main aim in 'Gandhi' was to project him as the vanguard of non-violence. Nowhere in the world has a movement of non-cooperation sans violence received so much support from masses as Gandhi's movement in India did. He was, to a great extent, responsible for freeing his nation from the British Raj. - Richard Attenborough

9. Leadership is absolutely vital if there are comparable countries which can affect the security of the world you live in. Between Lincoln and Roosevelt's time, America was protected by huge oceans and, in practice, by the British navy. Today, it's different, and the obsession of the Obama administration has been for retrenchment. - Henry Kissinger

10. I am often accused of colluding with the British during the freedom struggle. I want to ask, how? - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

11. I'd rather do theatre and British films than move to L.A. in hopes of getting small roles in American films. - Kate Winslet

12. In 1966 I became president of the British Computer Society. - Lord Mountbatten.

This-Is-The-Real-Difference-Between-Great-Britain-And-The-United-Kingdom.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer