Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-10 18:27:06

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Broke Quotes - II

Broke Quotes - II

1. When I was very young, I remember my mother telling me about a friend of hers in Germany, a pianist who played a symphony that wasn't permitted, and the Germans came up on stage and broke every finger on her hands. I grew up with stories of Nazis breaking the fingers of Jews. - Steven Spielberg

2. I think the parts that I played sort of broke the mould in terms of - you know, I played grey characters, the bad girl with a good heart, there was a good reason for her to be bad. - Zeenat Aman

3. That equals to being a fool, having fame and no fortune. A lot of guys out there have fame doing this and doing that, but they are broke. - Mike Tyson

4. There was tremendous pressure to take dialysis, and there were lots of tears when I broke the news to the family that I was not going to do it. - Art Buchwald

5. I'm an athlete and I'm black, and a lot of black athletes go broke. I do not want to become a statistic, so maybe I overcompensate. But I'm paranoid. Oprah told me a long time ago, 'You sign every check. Never let anyone sign any checks.' - Serena Williams

6. It has been a fantastic journey. I have gone to five Games, broke the Olympics record in 2004 in Athens and won a gold medal as well in Beijing. I have had a good run at the Olympics. - Abhinav Bindra

7. I never thought of breaking a record. The only ambition I had was to become the fastest century maker for India, which I did when I broke Azharuddin's record. - Virender Sehwag

8. I'll go for broke. Swim faster. It's not going to be easy - this whole thing was never going to be easy. - Ian Thorpe

9. My first and only experience in baseball, the coach signed me up; he didn't tell me there's a thing called the curveball. I didn't know that. So the ball's coming at me and I start backing out, and then it broke inside. And the umpire says, 'Strike one!' And I'm saying, 'How is that a strike? It almost hit me!' - Magic Johnson

10. I've been in the hospital once when I had my daughter, and, oh, when I broke my elbow, but other than that, I've been very fortunate. - Hillary Clinton

11. My father worked as a mechanical draftsman at Mazagaon Docks and is a Catholic. My mum was a Muslim, so my parents broke quite a few rules to get married. - Ileana D'Cruz

12. I am happy that most of my films did good business and either set or broke records at the box office. - Asin.

1*iOQT7o-CcqLL6CZ6wcCj2g.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer