Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-12 17:27:34

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Broken Quotes - II

Broken Quotes - II

1. Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind, and has given up worrying once and for all. - Ovid

2. The years like great black oxen tread the world, and God, the herdsman goads them on behind, and I am broken by their passing feet. - William Butler Yeats

3. I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark. - Stephen Hawking

4. It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters any more. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace. - George Bernard Shaw

5. In such a porcelain life, one likes to be sure that all is well lest one stumble upon one's hopes in a pile of broken crockery. - Emily Dickinson

6. Promises and pie-crust are made to be broken. - Jonathan Swift

7. O! many a shaft, at random sent, Finds mark the archer little meant! And many a word, at random spoken, May soothe or wound a heart that's broken! - Walter Scott

8. The tennis ball doesn't know how old I am. The ball doesn't know if I'm a man or a woman or if I come from a communist country or not. Sport has always broken down these barriers. - Martina Navratilova

9. Forgiveness is the answer to the child's dream of a miracle by which what is broken is made whole again, what is soiled is made clean again. - Dag Hammarskjold

10. On the earth the broken arcs; in the heaven a perfect round. - Robert Browning

11. Fixing a broken immigration system. Protecting our kids from gun violence. Equal pay for equal work, paid leave, raising the minimum wage. All these things still matter to hardworking families; they are still the right thing to do; and I will not let up until they get done. - Barack Obama

12. Sometimes I had to spend a whole day mixing a boiling mass with a heavy iron rod nearly as large as myself. I would be broken with fatigue at the day's end. Other days, on the contrary, the work would be a most minute and delicate fractional crystallization, in the effort to concentrate the radium. - Marie Curie.

broken-heart-valentine-background_1048-4957.jpg?w=740&t=st=1683955592~exp=1683956192~hmac=719da66151d99a8270045dceed1ed4fac0727f6343f3c5665aaf5a6890dc8b15

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer