Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-23 18:01:07

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Brought Quotes - I

Brought Quotes - I

1. Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus. Alexander - Graham Bell

2. I've heard there are troubles of more than one kind; some come from ahead, and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see; now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! - Dr. Seuss

3. Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. - Vincent Van Gogh

4. Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword. - R. Buckminster Fuller

5. I respect all religions, but I'm not a deeply religious person. But I try and live life in the right way, respecting other people. I wasn't brought up in a religious way, but I believe there's something out there that looks after you. - David Beckham

6. Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. - George Eliot

7. I have brought myself, by long meditation, to the conviction that a human being with a settled purpose must accomplish it, and that nothing can resist a will which will stake even existence upon its fulfillment. - Benjamin Disraeli

8. Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just. - Blaise Pascal

9. I think it's brought the world a lot closer together, and will continue to do that. There are downsides to everything; there are unintended consequences to everything. The most corrosive piece of technology that I've ever seen is called television - but then, again, television, at its best, is magnificent. - Steve Jobs

10. No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer. - George Orwell

11. It's that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so 'don't fuss, dear; get on with it.' - Audrey Hepburn

12. Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. - Abraham Lincoln.

bought_or_brought.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer