Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-31 16:53:51

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Business Quotes - VII

Business Quotes - VII

1. It's none of their business that you have to learn how to write. Let them think you were born that way. - Ernest Hemingway

2. In almost every profession - whether it's law or journalism, finance or medicine or academia or running a small business - people rely on confidential communications to do their jobs. We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it. - Hillary Clinton

3. Business? It's quite simple; it's other people's money. - Alexandre Dumas

4. The business of the poet is not to find new emotions, but to use the ordinary ones and, in working them up into poetry, to express feelings which are not in actual emotions at all. - T. S. Eliot

5. Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time. - Benjamin Franklin

6. A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts. - Elvis Presley

7. In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield. - Warren Buffett

8. I notice that young men go to the universities in order to become doctors or philosophers or anything, so long as it is a title, and that many go in for those professions who are utterly unfit for them, while others who would be very competent are prevented by business or their daily cares, which keep them away from letters. - Galileo Galilei

9. The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time. - Henry Ford

10. If we must have a tyrant, let him at least be a gentleman who has been bred to the business, and let us fall by the axe and not by the butcher's cleaver. - Lord Byron

11. I do not love to be printed on every occasion, much less to be dunned and teased by foreigners about mathematical things or to be thought by our own people to be trifling away my time about them when I should be about the king's business. - Isaac Newton

12. The only business of the head in the world is to bow a ceaseless obeisance to the heart. - William Butler Yeats.

10-Most-Powerful-Indian-Business-Women.jpg.webp

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer