Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-29 17:14:47

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Case Quotes - VI

Case Quotes - VI

1. When a thing is said to be not worth refuting you may be sure that either it is flagrantly stupid - in which case all comment is superfluous - or it is something formidable, the very crux of the problem. - Percy Bysshe Shelley

2. It is better that some should be unhappy rather than that none should be happy, which would be the case in a general state of equality. - Samuel Johnson

3. I was an emotional basket case. - Jennifer Capriati

4. I don't want Burma to be a basket case forever. - Aung San Suu Kyi

5. In the case of composite colour, an infinity of systems must be obtained for maxima infinitely slight and with an infinity of interval values separating them - that is to say, the whole thickness of the sensitive layer is occupied in continuous manner by these maxima. - Gabriel Lippmann

6. Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case. - William Shatner

7. I have no shortage of material or offers, it's just a case of what you select to do. But I think it's realistic that my chances of playing Romeo are now over. - Sean Connery

8. Before, I guess, mum and dad were everything, but now, in my case, I had two new girls and all of a sudden they're completely dependent on you and there's a third generation. It's a funny shift all of a sudden. You have the babies, you have yourself and then you have your parents. - Roger Federer

9. It used to be the case, like you'd switch jobs, and then maybe you wouldn't keep in touch with all the people that you knew from that old job, just because it was too hard. But one of the things that Facebook does is it makes it really easy to just stay in touch with all these people. - Mark Zuckerberg

10. That is the best case for Bush; that, among other things, he liberated Iraq. It is good enough for me. - Boris Johnson

11. I think the cartoons that they're children are watching, particularly 'The Simpsons,' they're OK. I think that the adult audience is making much too much of the danger that they imply. That's not the case. The danger for children today, honey, is the news. Keep them away from news on television. - Jerry Lewis.

47679d08-5ceb-4ceb-9d46-65c865d796b1.aa06e38662fe1999baf0fc1562063110.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer