Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-03 01:19:11

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Cast Quotes - I

Cast Quotes - I

1. For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. - Nelson Mandela

2. Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock. - Sigmund Freud

3. The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do. - Joseph Stalin

4. The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast. - Oscar Wilde

5. The die is cast. - Julius Caesar

6. Chance is always powerful. Let your hook always be cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be fish. - Ovid

7. He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast. - Leonardo da Vinci

8. I cannot write poetically, for I am no poet. I cannot make fine artistic phrases that cast light and shadow, for I am no painter. I can neither by signs nor by pantomime express my thoughts and feelings, for I am no dancer; but I can by tones, for I am a musician. - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

9. Whatever woman may cast her lot with mine, should any ever do so, it is my intention to do all in my power to make her happy and contented; and there is nothing I can imagine that would make me more unhappy than to fail in the effort. - Abraham Lincoln

10. The higher the sun ariseth, the less shadow doth he cast; even so the greater is the goodness, the less doth it covet praise; yet cannot avoid its rewards in honours. - Lao Tzu

11. Cast your mind on other days that we in coming days may be still the indomitable Irishry. - William Butler Yeats

12. Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct. - Thomas Jefferson.

185232536-56a6d9ac3df78cf772908c5f.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer