Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-14 16:38:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Catch Quotes - III

Catch Quotes - III

1. We are far more liable to catch the vices than the virtues of our associates. - Denis Diderot

2. Kids are starting at such a low base rate in terms of fitness that it's taking them years to catch up to where people like me started from. Every little bit is making it more difficult for kids to succeed on a world stage. - Daley Thompson

3. Should there be cameras everywhere in outdoor streets? My personal view is having cameras in inner cities is a very good thing. In the case of London, petty crime has gone down. They catch terrorists because of it. And if something really bad happens, most of the time you can figure out who did it. - Bill Gates

4. How accurately can the law fix the crime? There has to be a mechanism for very fast action. The law is like this: catch them and punish them. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

5. I think talent is dangerous to have if you take it for granted. If you use it well and put hard work with it together, it's hard to catch that guy. And I think that's what you're seeing right now. - Ivan Lendl

6. It's hard to read good fiction when I am writing, because if it is really good I catch myself sort of inadvertently imitating a great writer. - John Grisham

7. I like to catch fish and release them. I probably haven't killed a fish that I've caught in sport fishing for 20 years. No reason to kill it. You know, just take it and release it. - Jack Nicklaus

8. There is no substitute to taking a lot of a catches as a youngster if you want to do slip catching - you've got to catch, catch, catch. And more than doing the normal stuff, you have to vary your catching - you've got to take some catches with the tennis ball, you got to take some closer, some further away. - Rahul Dravid

9. One of the great joys of being a slip fielder who takes a catch is you are able to contribute to the bowler's success. Yes, you are putting yourself in the firing line if you stuff it up, but you must want to be in that position to make a difference, and recognise sometimes that you might make mistakes. There are no easy catches in the slips. - Rahul Dravid

10. When I have spare time, I catch up on things I've had to postpone due to lack of time. - Steve Wozniak

11. It's OK for China to invent cancer drugs that cure patients in the United States. We want them to catch up. But as the leader, we want to keep setting a very, very high standard. We don't want them to catch up because we're slowing down or, even worse, going into reverse. - Bill Gates

12. Take time to enjoy the flight - read a good book, watch a film, catch up on emails and sleep. - Orlando Bloom

13. In front of 40,000 people, you don't really want to drop a catch or misfield. It's part and parcel of the game. MS Dhoni

14. You can hover in the air if you want, or you can push off of something and glide through the air - just like a fish. I also think it is like being a fish, since you can catch food in your mouth easily because it is suspended in the air - just like when you put fish food in a tank - the fish swim up to it, open their mouths, and eat the food. - Sunita Williams

15. I sometimes like to do plyometric work which hits my core and the rest of my body at the same time: things like jumping to catch balls, box jumps, hurdling over cricket stumps, bounds, hops, or combined exercises like three jumps in a row followed by a sprint. - Jos Buttler

16. It's a privilege to be on the same field as guys like Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad when they catch fire like they can do. Two of the best there has ever been. - Jos Buttler

17. In the 1999 World Cup, I remember Nayan Mongia's brilliant catch to dismiss Azhar Mahmood off Anil Kumble. It was the catch of the World Cup. - Dinesh Karthik

18. If someone drops a catch, and I get angry, will that catch come back to us? It won't. Therefore, it is better to be cool, because that helps in better performance. - Inzamam-ul-Haq

19travis-catch3.jpg?w=670&h=900

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer