Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-16 16:12:44

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Catching Quotes

Catching Quotes

1. The only way of catching a train I have ever discovered is to miss the train before. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

2. The rich are always going to say that, you know, just give us more money and we'll go out and spend more and then it will all trickle down to the rest of you. But that has not worked the last 10 years, and I hope the American public is catching on. - Warren Buffett

3. Because in order to beat Jimmy, I had to get around the ball a little bit quicker so I wasn't always on defensive and catching the ball on last stride, that I had little more time. Once I was able to get little bit quicker, then it has helped me a lot. - Ivan Lendl

4. There is no substitute to taking a lot of a catches as a youngster if you want to do slip catching - you've got to catch, catch, catch. And more than doing the normal stuff, you have to vary your catching - you've got to take some catches with the tennis ball, you got to take some closer, some further away. - Rahul Dravid

5. When I am not recording, I do live shows or am at home catching up on shows which I regularly watch. But there will always be some music around me. - Shreya Ghoshal

6. For somebody like me who doesn't bowl, it's important to contribute in the field, and I've worked hard on that, slip catching. - K. L. Rahul.

catching-fly-ball1.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer