Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-17 16:51:46

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Categories Quotes

Categories Quotes

1. I divide criticism into two categories - one coming from those who understand music, who are worthy of being critical because they are knowledgeable about what they are saying; and then there is another category of people who would criticise you anyway, whether your work is good or bad. - A. R. Rahman

2. One lesson learned is you've got to finish the scenario with excellence. You just cannot stop. You have to complete this, and I think that's where Apple has taught us all what experience excellence means in the creation of categories. - Satya Nadella

3. We fitted, amusingly enough, into none of the form categories of 'The Young American Couple'... security to us is in ourselves, and no job, not even money, can give us what we have to develop: faith in our work and hard, hard work, which is Spartan in many ways. - Sylvia Plath

4. When I was growing up, music was music and there were no genres. We didn't look at it as country music. Popular music in Tuskegee was country music. So I didn't know it in categories. It was the radio. - Lionel Richie

5. Our acquisition strategy is very clear: 3x3. Three continents - Asia, Africa and South America, and in three categories where we have strong positions - personal wash, household care and hair care. - Adi Godrej

6. Open Graph is a language for structuring content and sharing that goes on in other apps, and we're continuing to build it out longer term. But we found we need to build more specific experiences around categories like music or movies. Where we've taken the time to build those specific experiences, stuff has gone quite well. - Mark Zuckerberg

7. Most of us fall into categories - there's always the lover and the beloved, guest and host, giver and taker. You have to decide whether you are going to be the lover or the beloved. - Simi Garewal

8. Awards have lost their charm. The experience of getting an award has completely dissolved. Awards functions start in December and go on till April and are distributed for anything and everything. Categories like Best Jodi, Best Dressed Celebrity are all redundant. - Waheeda Rehman.

Classification_diagram.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer