Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-21 17:38:51

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Center Quotes - II

Center Quotes - II

1. The earth also is spherical, since it presses upon its center from every direction. - Nicolaus Copernicus

2. Mankind is not a circle with a single center but an ellipse with two focal points of which facts are one and ideas the other. - Victor Hugo

3. Accordingly, since nothing prevents the earth from moving, I suggest that we should now consider also whether several motions suit it, so that it can be regarded as one of the planets. For, it is not the center of all the revolutions. - Nicolaus Copernicus

4. The first time I ever saw snow skis was when I was 62 years old and that was 19 years ago and I'm still skiing. So, we'll be skiing with some very close friends of the Carter Center letting them know what the Carter Center is doing around the world. We have programs in over 65 countries. - Jimmy Carter

5. Near the sun is the center of the universe. - Nicolaus Copernicus.

6. At the Carter Center we work with victims of oppression, and we give support to human rights heroes. - Jimmy Carter

7. The best characters are the ones that somehow manage to be both attractive and repulsive at the same time. If you do that, you're at the center of the universe - if you can find characters who are more ambiguous and can raise more questions than answers. - Nicolas Cage

8. My mother was the center of the family. - John Major

9. The course of the flight up and down was exceedingly erratic, partly due to the irregularity of the air, and partly to lack of experience in handling this machine. The control of the front rudder was difficult on account of its being balanced too near the center. - Orville Wright

10. Germany's strength lies largely in the fact that the Federal Republic is a center of industry and that it's an export nation. - Angela Merkel

11. My first job in all honesty is going to continue to be mom-in-chief. Making sure that in this transition, which will be even more of a transition for the girls... that they are settled and that they know they will continue to be the center of our universe. - Michelle Obama

12. The whole of the 20th century has always put the car at the center. So by putting the pedestrian first, you create these livable places, I think, with more attraction and interest and character. - Prince Charles.

center.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer