Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-27 16:52:17

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Centuries Quotes - I

Centuries Quotes - I

1. The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of past centuries. - Rene Descartes

2. I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that's the only way of insuring one's immortality. - James Joyce

3. From the heights of these pyramids, forty centuries look down on us. - Napoleon Bonaparte

4. But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? - Mark Twain

5. At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace the savage races throughout the world. - Charles Darwin

6. The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries. - James Madison

7. Access to the Vedas is the greatest privilege this century may claim over all previous centuries. - J. Robert Oppenheimer

8. The more centuries that I am able to score, the happier I will be. - Virat Kohli

9. The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries. - Barack Obama

10. The Chinese government wants me to say that for many centuries Tibet has been part of China. Even if I make that statement, many people would just laugh. And my statement will not change past history. History is history. - Dalai Lama

11. Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision. - Ayn Rand

12. We are living in 1937, and our universities, I suggest, are not half-way out of the fifteenth century. We have made hardly any changes in our conception of university organization, education, graduation, for a century - for several centuries. - H. G. Wells.

pocket-watch-in-sand.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer