Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-28 17:22:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Centuries Quotes - II

Centuries Quotes - II

1. Those who know that the consensus of many centuries has sanctioned the conception that the earth remains at rest in the middle of the heavens as its center, would, I reflected, regard it as an insane pronouncement if I made the opposite assertion that the earth moves. - Nicolaus Copernicus

2. The market is not an invention of capitalism. It has existed for centuries. It is an invention of civilization. - Mikhail Gorbachev

3. Travelling is almost like talking with those of other centuries. - Rene Descartes

4. For me, it's important to build good partnerships rather than score centuries. Once, you have those partnerships, you will also get centuries. - MS Dhoni

5. Little by little, not without astonishment, I rediscovered the great names of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, who had been the master thinkers of my grandfather and other Mexican liberals. They did no offer me a doctrine or a catechism: they were and they are a source, an inspiration. - Octavio Paz

6. Whatever else may divide us, Europe is our common home; a common fate has linked us through the centuries, and it continues to link us today. - Leonid I. Brezhnev

7. I feel really blessed when people start comparing me with Sachin, but I keep myself focused on my performance and not on such comparisons. I literally worship him, so I don't see too much in this comparison. No cricketer has been able to score one hundred centuries like Sachin. - Virat Kohli

8. Picasso is what is going to happen and what is happening; he is posterity and archaic time, the distant ancestor and our next-door neighbor. Speed permits him to be two places at once, to belong to all the centuries without letting go of the here and now. - Octavio Paz

9. I belong to a nation which over the past centuries has experienced many hardships and reverses. The world reacted with silence or with mere sympathy when Polish frontiers were crossed by invading armies and the sovereign state had to succumb to brutal force. - Lech Walesa

10. Then when I reached college I realized that many people had thought about the problem during the 18th and 19th centuries and so I studied those methods. - Andrew Wiles

11. For centuries, New York has served as the gateway for millions of people from all over the world in search of the American dream. It only makes sense that it would now serve as a gateway for the world's greatest athletes. - Hillary Clinton

12. Belize is still a pirate haven and is run more or less along the lines established centuries ago by the likes of Captain Morgan, Blackbeard, and Captain Barrow. - John McAfee

13. I'm disappointed people don't recognise what I did in Test cricket. For an opening batsman to get two triple centuries? A lot of greats haven't got one. - Chris Gayle.

v1_txt2img_539b715f-d61a-4e3c-9c0d-479279b895a8.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer