Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-29 16:53:45

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Century Quotes - I

Century Quotes - I

1. It's time to fundamentally change the way that we do business in Washington. To help build a new foundation for the 21st century, we need to reform our government so that it is more efficient, more transparent, and more creative. That will demand new thinking and a new sense of responsibility for every dollar that is spent. - Barack Obama

2. As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others. - Bill Gates

3. Ping-pong was invented on the dining tables of England in the 19th century, and it was called Wiff-waff! And there, I think, you have the difference between us and the rest of the world. Other nations, the French, looked at a dining table and saw an opportunity to have dinner; we looked at it an saw an opportunity to play Wiff-waff. - Boris Johnson

4. Fascism is a religion. The twentieth century will be known in history as the century of Fascism. - Benito Mussolini

5. Death and vulgarity are the only two facts in the nineteenth century that one cannot explain away. - Oscar Wilde

6. In the twenty-first century, the robot will take the place which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization. - Nikola Tesla

7. Access to the Vedas is the greatest privilege this century may claim over all previous centuries. - J. Robert Oppenheimer

8. I believe that at the end of the century the use of words and general educated opinion will have altered so much that one will be able to speak of machines thinking without expecting to be contradicted. - Alan Turing

9. In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497. - Warren Buffett

10. The 21st century is going to be the American century. Because we lead not only by the example of our power, but by the power of our example. That is the history of the journey of America. - Joe Biden

11. The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century. - Dan Quayle

12. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans - born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace. - John F. Kennedy.

gettyimages-1794770719-1-1701335007.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer