Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-02 16:32:07

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Century Quotes - IV

Century Quotes - IV

1. During the 80s and 90s, we all became consumed with ourselves. In the 21st century, we've come back to simpler times. People are struggling economically and this has forced them to scale back the material aspects of their lives and realise the beauty of finding the simple joy in being with the people we love. - Julia Roberts

2. The problem of direct colour photography has been facing us since the turn of the last century. - Gabriel Lippmann

3. The action we take and the decisions we make in this decade will have consequences far into this century. If America shows weakness and uncertainty, the world will drift toward tragedy. That will not happen on my watch. - George W. Bush

4. The difference between a score in the 90s and a century is often reflected as the difference between failure and success. It may be illogical, but in cricket, a century has its own magic. - Geoffrey Boycott

5. In the 21st century, I believe the mission of the United Nations will be defined by a new, more profound awareness of the sanctity and dignity of every human life, regardless of race or religion. - Kofi Annan

6. I think the environmental problem will be the number one item on the agenda of the 21st century... This is a problem that cannot be postponed. - Mikhail Gorbachev

7. Our aspiration must be to reform, upgrade and enlarge our education system - and to make it relevant to 21st century realities of the digital economy, genomics, robotics and automation. - Ram Nath Kovind

8. This young century will be liberty's century. - George W. Bush

9. I am convinced that the modular structure of the Mir will be the main trend in manned orbital stations development in the next century. - Valentina Tereshkova

10. In the first quarter of the nineteenth century the experimental proof for the interdependence of the composition and properties of chemical compounds resulted in the theory that they are mutually related, so that like composition governs like properties, and conversely. - Wilhelm Ostwald

11. We have the crime of the century every six months. So for people like me who enjoy, you know, taking these stories and writing about them, the material is endless. - John Grisham

12. President Obama's approach embodies the values, the ideas, and the direction America must take to build a 21st century version of the American Dream in a nation of shared opportunities, shared prosperity and shared responsibilities. - William J. Clinton.

6rep_page3-illo_w.jpg?w=1296&h=730&crop=1

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer