Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-09 16:48:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certain Quotes - IV

Certain Quotes - IV

1. No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly. - Oscar Wilde

2. God tries you in certain, certain ways. Some people are rich, and they believe in God. They lose the money, things get hard, they get weak and quit going to church. Quit serving God like they did. - Muhammad Ali

3. Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees. - Victor Hugo

4. I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates. - T. S. Eliot

5. Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect. - Samuel Johnson

6. Each one of us has our own evolution of life, and each one of us goes through different tests which are unique and challenging. But certain things are common. And we do learn things from each other's experience. On a spiritual journey, we all have the same destination. - A. R. Rahman

7. Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure. - Benjamin Disraeli

8. It seems to me we can never give up longing and wishing while we are thoroughly alive. There are certain things we feel to be beautiful and good, and we must hunger after them. - George Eliot

9. Happiness is a state of mind, you know. I don't think you are permanently happy. One is happy about certain things and not so happy about others. - Indira Gandhi

10. The law condemns and punishes only actions within certain definite and narrow limits; it thereby justifies, in a way, all similar actions that lie outside those limits. - Leo Tolstoy

11. Atoms are very special: they like certain particular partners, certain particular directions, and so on. It is the job of physics to analyze why each one wants what it wants. - Richard P. Feynman

12. Change is certain. Peace is followed by disturbances; departure of evil men by their return. Such recurrences should not constitute occasions for sadness but realities for awareness, so that one may be happy in the interim. - Percy Bysshe Shelley.

Target.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer