Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-11 17:08:20

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certain Quotes - VI

Certain Quotes - VI

1. All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree. - James Madison

2. We'd all like to be certain of what we know, but I think the most important question is to ask yourself do you really know what you know? - Marlon Brando

3. Badly constructed houses do for the healthy what badly constructed hospitals do for the sick. Once insure that the air in a house is stagnant, and sickness is certain to follow. - Florence Nightingale

4. A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist. - Sigmund Freud

5. I suppose when they reach a certain age some men are afraid to grow up. It seems the older the men get, the younger their new wives get. - Elizabeth Taylor

6. The - the early Rockefellers made their wealth from being in certain businesses and - and remained personally very wealthy. Tatas were different in the sense the future generations were not so wealthy. They - they were involved in the business, but most of the family wealth is put into trust, and the family did not, in fact, enjoy enormous wealth. - Ratan Tata

7. The wise man does not expose himself needlessly to danger, since there are few things for which he cares sufficiently; but he is willing, in great crises, to give even his life - knowing that under certain conditions it is not worthwhile to live. - Aristotle

8. I am someone who can't hold on to negativity or hold on to grudges. I might feel something at a certain point, but I get tired after that. I don't carry it with me. I forgive and forget very easily, and that's the only way to be happy and peaceful. - Deepika Padukone

9. I seriously feel like the best days are ahead, and I like the idea of getting to do everything I did before but with more knowledge, experience, and street smarts. There's a certain love, appreciation, and gratitude that you have at 40 that you don't have when you're younger, and it makes every accomplishment feel so much better. - Jennifer Lopez

10. If we must not act save on a certainty, we ought not to act on religion, for it is not certain. But how many things we do on an uncertainty, sea voyages, battles! - Blaise Pascal

11. Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. - T. E. Lawrence

12. Ever since I started to get recognition I've picked out certain fans and reverse-stalked them. - Jim Carrey.

untitled.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer