Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-15 17:09:22

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certain Quotes - X

Certain Quotes - X

1. Adventure upon all the tickets in the lottery, and you lose for certain; and the greater the number of your tickets the nearer your approach to this certainty. - Adam Smith

2. Great is truth, but still greater, from a practical point of view, is silence about truth. By simply not mentioning certain subjects... totalitarian propagandists have influenced opinion much more effectively than they could have by the most eloquent denunciations. - Aldous Huxley

3. Beyond a certain point, the music isn't mine anymore. It's yours. - Phil Collins

4. I realise that in this undertaking I place myself in a certain opposition to views widely held concerning the mathematical infinite and to opinions frequently defended on the nature of numbers. - Georg Cantor

5. We are the creative force of our life, and through our own decisions rather than our conditions, if we carefully learn to do certain things, we can accomplish those goals. - Stephen Covey

6. Organic compounds exist in which a hydrogen atom, joined to the carbon, acquires acid properties as a result of the proximity of certain functional groupings. - Victor Grignard

7. We're going to be able to ask our computers to monitor things for us, and when certain conditions happen, are triggered, the computers will take certain actions and inform us after the fact. - Steve Jobs

8. There is nothing on earth that could ever make me want to relive certain years of my life when I was young. - Johnny Depp

9. Gain may be temporary and uncertain; but ever while you live, expense is constant and certain: and it is easier to build two chimneys than to keep one in fuel. - Benjamin Franklin

10. Specialized meaninglessness has come to be regarded, in certain circles, as a kind of hallmark of true science. - Aldous Huxley

11. A tragedy is a representation of an action that is whole and complete and of a certain magnitude. A whole is what has a beginning and middle and end. - Aristotle

12. I think a certain amount of stress in life is good. The stress of just working, which takes effort - I think it keeps you going. - Anthony Hopkins.

certainty.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer