Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-17 17:31:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certainly Quotes - I

Certainly Quotes - I

1. When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it. - Theodore Roosevelt

2. Whether women are better than men I cannot say - but I can say they are certainly no worse. - Golda Meir

3. I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. - Agatha Christie

4. I am what time, circumstance, history, have made of me, certainly, but I am also, much more than that. So are we all. - James Baldwin

5. Educate the masses, elevate their standard of intelligence, and you will certainly have a successful nation. Alexander - Graham Bell

6. I am what time, circumstance, history, have made of me, certainly, but I am also, much more than that. So are we all. - James Baldwin

7. I will seize fate by the throat; it shall certainly never wholly overcome me. - Ludwig van Beethoven

8. The atomic bomb certainly is the most powerful of all weapons, but it is conclusively powerful and effective only in the hands of the nation which controls the sky. - Lyndon B. Johnson

9. At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace the savage races throughout the world. - Charles Darwin

10. People don't understand that when I grew up, I was never the most talented. I was never the biggest. I was never the fastest. I certainly was never the strongest. The only thing I had was my work ethic, and that's been what has gotten me this far. - Tiger Woods

11. They certainly give very strange names to diseases. - Plato

12. We're all caught up in circumstances, and we're all good and evil. When you're really hungry, for instance, you'll do anything to survive. I think the most evil thing - well, maybe that's too strong - but certainly a very evil thing is judgment, the sin of ignorance. - Anthony Hopkins.

Meaning-of-certainly-not.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer